Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so hows your gamecube?

Options
  • 30-07-2002 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭

it been a couple of months now.....

so how do you rate your gamecube?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

bleedin deadly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

On a scale of 24 to 62, 39 being the highest, Id give it a rating of l33t!!!!!1!1!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

atm,I dont think a whole lot. ISS2 and SonicAdventure2 are a bit easy... once the FF games start coming out of course, things will change..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Really impressed, actually. For a console only a few months old, it's getting a LOT of playtime - much more than the Xbox, and a hell of a lot more than the PS2 was getting by this stage in its lifecycle. Rogue Leader, Super Monkey Ball, Smash Bros, Luigi's Mansion and Pikmin are all really good fun, and I'm keen to get my teeth into Lost Kingdoms since I've heard good things.

Still the most impressive thing about the console in a lot of ways is the future release list, though... Resident Evil in September, Super Mario Sunshine (which is fúcking fantastic) in October, Eternal Darkness at the start of November, Starfox Adventures at the end of November... And Metroid Prime and Zelda to come early in 2003. That's a pretty amazing software roster, and there's not a bad game in the lot of them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

I'm seriously thinkin of gettin one, I want some super monkey ball, and Resi, and Mario and Zelda and Eternal Darkness. If only those xtra vision feckers had games to rent, feckers always giving sony feckin rimjobs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I'm seriously thinkin of gettin one
    me too,
    does anyone know of any special deals around for a GameCube with game(s) in Smyths, Game, Virgin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

in game
    250yoyos for GC + 1
    300wingwangs in game fer GC + 2 games
    350 for GC + 3 games + memcard

I'm not sure I think I saw these, they may only be specific games tho'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Smyths had the console and a controller +some game with it for 199euro it also included a 50 euro voucher. Whether the offer is still going is another thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Afaik those vouchers are like 2x €10 and 2x 15 or soemthing, you can't get a free game with them loike, only bits off each game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

I'd have to say I'm really impressed. It's a really nice machine.

Can't wait for September for those games to start rolling in. I'm almost wetting myself with anticipation:D

Really looking forward to the likes of resi an Turok evolution, oh yes:)

Anyone see that program on BBC2 last night about computer games? I only watched about ten minutes of it, it was from about 6 months to a year old - quite funny actually

They were banging on about how Microsoft and Sony were going to be battling it out for supremacy and poor old lowly Nintendy barely got a mention (well in the 10 minutes I watched it like - except for the mention of Pokemon:rolleyes: )

Yes, things are looking good:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

the line up for the next 6 months is the perfect reason to buy a gamecube. loads of great games coming out. even if the gamecube flops next year, so what you will be able to have a great collection of about 10-12 games.
    Smyths had the console and a controller +some game with it for 199euro it also included a 50 euro voucher. Whether the offer is still going is another thing...
    i dont think the smyths web site has been updated in ages, has a list of just a couple of games, no special offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by Lorax
    i got it 4 weeks ago it's good graphics but the games are too easy i cleared sonic adventure 2 in less than a week and luigis mansion in 2 weeks
    ps2 will always have better games imo

How can you beat Sonic in 2 weeks? Even if you played non-stop for 2 weeks you wouldn't complete it.

Do you mean just complete the story modes? I have news for you, all the eariler levels change when you pick up powerups.

For example, Mystic Melody for Sonic is on the second last level but opens up extra sections all other levels previously.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,976 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

After seeing the videos of metroid prime on ign I have to get a GC. Forget Doom 3 with it's gameplay that won't match the graphics or the unreal engine games. Metroid Prime looks set to be the next Goldeneye. Theres also an excessive amount of blood and guts proving that nintendo do make kids games. They're for everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Love it! Super monkey ball is THEE WIN for multiplayer.

I got rogue squadron and pikmin aswell, both pretty cool aswell. Thinking of picking up Luigi's Mansion soon. I'm also spooging into white socks thinking of Resident Evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i cant make up my feckin mind whether to buy a gc or not.
    i kind of want a console that plays dvds, but the lineup for the xbox looks terrible, and the ps2 is getting on in years at this stage.

i guess i might as well buy one when metroid prime/resi come out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

i kind of want a console that plays dvds, but the lineup for the xbox looks terrible, and the ps2 is getting on in years at this stage.

You could get yourself one of these beauties....

http://www.lik-sang.com/catalog/product_info.php?category=52&products_id=1575&

They are working on one that will play all game regions as well as all dvd regions at the mo'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

looks pretty sweet, way out of my price league tho.
    i'd be better off getting a gc & a standalone dvd player

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

I was in the exact same situation as tman, then I saw footage of the new F-Zero game.....

Problem solved. :)

BTW, is Super Monkey Ball good for single player?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Very good single player on Monkey Ball. Will have you tearing your hair out but you will get a little bit further every sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Its pretty cool, have monkey ball, star wars & smash bros. although the raison d'étre for having the gamecube is for resident evil. Find the new releases to be going a bit slow though cant imagine pal conversions to take that long.

Still though, with zelda, metroid, eternal and mario on the way (after this months dead spot) Im happy with the 100 yoyo saving on other consoles which shall remain nameless (atari jaguar)

• Advertisement
Advertisement