Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

show us your moves

Options
  • 30-07-2002 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭

Theres a competition being held in the RDS on the 18th of august.
    there will be BMX, skateboarding and blading. there will be 3 groups for each, under 16's, under 18's and over 18's.
    the qualifying day in dublin is august the 17th.

check out www.showusyourmoves.com for more info

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Good site

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I'll be along too, should be a good day out :)

On a wee side note, I went into St James's Gate Today for their press day and coverage of the park and project details, had a great skate too. It's a small course but it's good fun. There's a wallride up onto the tower :D

They had an extremely slick mac setup with it's fat flat screen and they had live video feeds from simultaneous camera's which you can edit in realtime! Incredible stuff, I'd say groundbreaking to say the least. The programmer wrote all of the code for the software package which allows it to do this and they had the kids all editing footage as it was happening.
    Some other cool stuff was me putting a helmet with a mini cam on my head and riding up the wall, so when you see the footage of it you get an idea of the motion I was going through and I was very impressed and had a great laugh editing it and adding effects to it afterwards too.
    They take 2 groups of kids each day and let them all try out the skating and the computer. They have another 5 high powered p4 machines in an office where the kids are shown some different aspects from different area's to see if they can spark some interest.
    I was impressed at how well all the young kids, boys and girls alike were getting on rolling around on the ramps. They have an open little flatland area away from the ramps where the kids can start off first, then when they're happy with their confidence they get to try out the ramps, I'm gonna run out of postspace.

the digital hub are the company running the project. All the equipment is state of the art.

The skateboards, helmets etc are provided for the kids and the boards are all the latest and greatest etc too, best of all there were a lot of smiles, had some great fun watching the older folks give it a shot for the first time too.

was just looking at that site there and was just wondering what a Skateboarding demo and masterclass is? Masterclass lol :) sorry but that's ridiculous, there'll be a good few more pro's there, Blayney Hamilton who also rides for Emerald along with Mike Keane will also be there. In skating there are ams and pro's.

Advertisement