Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Ur opinion

Options
  • 30-07-2002 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

jej

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

[i aposigise for the above post]

I just need ur opinion, its probably stupid and not really worth a thread but anyway.........

I just turned 17 and ive never had any sexual contact with any female, ever. not a kiss. nothing. i have loads of female friends, im not gay and ive been told im attractive and id make a great boyfriend etc..... ive asked a good few girls out in my time, all of whom have declined. i hate niteclubs [and im using the word hate here] so tats tat out of the way. i just need reassurence tat im not the sadist s.o.b ur ever heard of in ur life.

apoligies for those whom ive wasted their time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Something

your not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Nah you're grand, I've just turned 18 and was in pretty much the same position. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

no you're far from sad. i was just like you. You'll get lucky if you keep been a nice guy. Girls your age will not notice the nice guy till they've had their hearts broken by some prick. Just keep at it. Nice guys do finish last but they DO finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

Don't worry about it, seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Why do you not like night clubs ? Is it the music ? You feel goofy danceing ?

Not to knock you down or anything but its not very common but no matter what it will happen. I'm sure if you tell a girl about your situation they will fix it for you :D

But I guess its nothing serious, what you havent had you cant miss so be grateful you aint one of us that dont score enough :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

your not

A late starter maybe, just remember that it'll happen sooner or later. The only problem with your situation is that your self-confidence could suffer. How would you feel if one night, you met a girl, things happened, she assumed you were more experienced than you were and the possibility of full-blown sex came up, but you had never even kissed a girl before then? You'd be nervous as feck. I'd never normally advise anyone to rush into anything, but if this is a real issue (it's obviously serious enough to make you want to post it on a bulletin board) then it might be worth your while going 'out on the prowl' some night, even if it's just for a snog.

Don't let the fact that girls have turned you down before discourage you either - if you never try, you'll never succeed etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

i agree wit unreg, i depise dico's or niteclubs. I hate dancin, i dont drink, they r hot, uncomfortable, and loud. u cant have a decent conversation in one.

tats just my opinion:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

To be honest mate there is nothing wrong with your situation hell some girls would love the idea as they can mould you into the prefect boyfriend :).

To seriously if you do want some contact dont be affraid to even go to a pub and try and pull if they knock you back its their loss. Some girls do seem to have a thing for nasty pieces of work and they get their hearts broken over and over again in the end they learn and see that a nice kind guy is what they should look for and then your going to play catch up... ;)

My advise is dont worry about it, be yourself and dont let a knock back get you down.

kayos

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

How come you don't like night-clubs?? Is it because they're too loud, too hot, too expensive etc or are you just too tensed up worried about girls to enjoy a night out? I think the more you worry about it and question yourself then the less chance you have of sorting it out. Why don't you just go out with your friends and loosen up? I think the more you worry about it and question yourself then the less chance you have of sorting it out.
    And Kayos is right when he says that most girls would be thrilled to mould you into the perfect boyfriend. I was with a guy for a while when I was 17, turns out he hadn't been with anyone before me and as a result we got on great. So best of luck with it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

There's someone for everyone. You don't have to go to clubs or whatever to pick up women.

You may have dry spells. indeed you may not find a woman for another 10 years but I can nearly gaurantee that you will. It will probably come from the most unexpected corner of your life but I think there's nothing at all to be worried about.

Don't fret man, you will shine through this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Originally posted by Unregistered
    [i aposigise for the above post]

i hate niteclubs [and im using the word hate here] so tats tat out of the way.

How many times have you been?If you only went once or twice its no wonder.Theyre an odd place for all of us the first time.I first went when i was 13 and thought it was nothing special,but a month and 2 discos later i loved them.It was crowded loud and tiring i thought.But by your second or third time you will start to like it and soon you wont be able to do without going clubbing every week.

- yawn - another useless comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Baldy

Try being a little bit cheeky to the girls you like not too cheeky know. I found when i was younger I was brutal with women. Eventually you'll build up confidence and score a few more of those one you actually want. Tis a great feeling eventually.

Advertisement