Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weekend vacation near Dublin??

Options
  • 26-07-2002 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

I need some recommendations.....

I want to take my girlfriend away for the weekend of the 17th & 18th in August. I was going for Kilkenny but all the accomodation there is booked out (arts festival).

From personal experience, could anyone recommend a nice town/village to stay in? I don't want to have to go too far from Dublin, it's only for a weekend and I don't want us to be knackered from travelling.

Waterford? Wexford?

any help would be much appreciated.

Cerdito

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Have you a car? if so athlone is nice enough, try the hodson bay hotel if golf is your thing, several boat trips go from just in front of the hotel as well... quite a relaxing place.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Cerdito You might have better chance posing on the accomidation board, I'll mark a copy of this threa there too, so check up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭mdf

Ashford. Lots to see and luverly food. Try Asford Lodge

Also Enniscorthy's not too bad.

Advertisement