Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

avp help

Options
  • 29-07-2002 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

just wondering if anyone here can help me with this.
    i got the gold edition of avp the other day, but the damn thing only runs half the time.
    if i skip the opening movies the sound gets stuck in a loop, but the game runs ok (albeit with the sound from the intro still looping away in the background)
    if i dont skip the movies, it takes forever to start the game, and when it does finally run it's only at about 2-3 fps.
    this is probably just a case of getting newer drivers, but i'm having no luck with that, and every other game i run works fine.
    if any of you remember having the same probs let me know what you did about it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

more info?
    OS - system spec - graphics card - driver version

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

It has problems with Win2k/XP. If you have Win2k make sure you have the Application Compatibility update installed (Xp has it built in). Find the shortcut you use to Launch the game, right click and you should have a compatibility tab, try setting it to Windows98. If I remember rightly that and the latest patch did the trick for me (But it's been a while...).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i've got xp, and i've tried that compatability mode thing (95/98-2000), it helps out with some games, but didnt make a difference with avp.
    i tried planetavp.com, and the only patches i could find there were for the standard release, not the gold edition.
    it's playable enough with the sound looping in the background, as long as you manage to press enter at the quietest time in the video. i'm happy enough playing it this way, unless anyone else has any suggestions.

Advertisement