Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for another crew member

Options
  • 28-07-2002 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭

Anyone interested in trying their hand at crewing on a 1720.

These boats are fast, capable of 20+ knots and great fun. Anyhow we are looking for another one and possibly 2 members who can commit to at least coming out once a week and perferably twice a week. So any sailing experience would likely get on the crew, we are all new to 1720s, but racing experience would be a great help.

If you are interested or want more info, post here or pm/mail me.

Vex.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I'd love to give it a shot when I get back from France. I have basic sailing experience and can sail on any average yacht. Have basic knots etc. :)

Did a few years on Katamarans and some little 320's and other petty little sailing boats through my teens, have sailed on a couple of boats 14m+ in length as part of the crew.

Where will you be sailing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Currently out of the NYC in Dun Laoghaire, and from Mid August to LAte September out of Howth, There are a couple of race in howth which we are going to do, its just for experience this year, Im only sailing a couple of weeks, the rest of the crew have varying levels of experience.

It would be great to get someone who is very familier woth 1720s, but there dont appear to be many.

Over the next year we want to put together a primary crew and then get some fill ins.

Right now we need both.

V.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I'm a quick learner ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

JayK slaps Vexorg about with a large trout

I might be interested Vexy - but Im guessing that for the rest of the summer I could only commit a day a week.

Never raced 1720's but I can sail - will harass you later on ...

Advertisement