Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waking sleepwalkers

Options
  • 28-07-2002 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭

hi
    everyone knows the old wives tale that it is dangerous to wake sleepwalkers up whilst they are sleep walking.
    what i was wondering was why this is the case,presumably it is something to do with disorientation but what i would like to know is is it really the case that it is physically dangerous?

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I don't think it's physically dangerous normally, but apparently it's very very disorienting for the sleepwalker, and can leave mental scarring, or so I've heard. Obviously it's going to be physically dangerous of the sleepwalker is a 90 year old woman, and you scare the sh1t out of her by waking her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

It's more likely to be dangerous for the person wakeing the sleepwalker as they will often be suprised and resort to primal instincts. There have been tests done that prove that no damage is done mentally to a sleepwalker by wakeing them up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭EvenStar

i wish someone would have woken me up before i ended up on the lawn in my p.j's.:mad: lol....

Advertisement