Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic book films that should never/will never see the light of day

Options
  • 28-07-2002 3:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭

OK list those films that made you shudder with the thought that you at some point LIKED that title.

Have any films just made you rethink ever getting a comic again?

Links favourable but i've found one that some of you may have heard about....

The 1992/3 Fantastic Four movie. It's like a bad B-Movie/Traumaville 'Toxic Avenger' Film

http://www.videoaddicts.com/catalogs/vhs/camp/f4bootleg.htm

I mean the (hehhe) special effects (hehhehehe) are pathetic. Remember this film came out AFTER the original Batman movie.

There's also the TV film of Generation X....don't have a link atm but just came arcoss this and HAD to show it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I didn't even know about the Fantastic Four film. The most recent comic book film that should never of been made was Batman and Robin. The old Spider-man film was terrible aswell and the less we talk about the really old Batman film the better :)
    I don't see Batman vs Superman amounting to much either :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

OK i've managed to find the original 1992/3 Fantastic 4 move on avi at about 320 size. I've got it if anyone wants it :) 260MB.

I haven't seen it yet but i'm going to later so gimme a shout if you want it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Captain America (1990) was pretty awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

And lets not forget Judge Dredd either.

Dunno - I kinda liked Judge Dredd. I mean from a non-die hard fan point of view.

Stalone was a great type cast for the role and the sidekick comedy duo bit was good too :)

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

V For Vendetta *should* be made but probably wont.
    The guys behind the matrix are said to be really interested in making it but havent heard anything else about it.
    Would love them to make it, would hate Spielberg to make it.

DeV.

OK just watched the Fantastic 4 movie all 89 minutes of it, and to quote southpark.....

Gay....gay......liberace gay!!

hehehhehe - but still worth a look just to see HOW bad it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Spiked&Skewered

What about "The Punisher" movie starring Dolph Lungren? Pure, undiluted crap.
    We can only hope they give it another go with Garth Ennis writing.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Watchmen should never ever *ever* be made in to a film. It would lose far too much in the translation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Originally posted by Spiked&Skewered
    What about "The Punisher" movie starring Dolph Lungren? Pure, undiluted crap.

I actually have that on video somewhere. I only seen it once, years ago, but I remember enjoying it. I'll have to dig it out again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Legend has it that there was a wolverine movie made back in the 80's starring Clint Eastwood , it was never finished to some rights infringment or something and it was buried.

dunno if thats true though

bomb

Yeah I heard about that one too but I don't think it ever reached filming....or did it?

/me goes searching for the forbidden film......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

They were gonna make a watchman film. BUT it would've cost $1m per page <the small special effects like the new cars etc overlaid on manhattan were the factor here> so they decided that they wouldn't do it. They were either gonna do it right or not at all. Which was good.

Whatever happened to the Mort movie? <there was a trade paperback version so i can justify mentioning>

heh... imagine a The Authority film... actually... that'd probably kick ass... if done right.

Urgh... The Flash TV Movies were ok if i remember, but i'm probably wrong... so long since i saw them.

And what about The Mask? It was ok first time but got so old so fast... except Cameron Diaz... mmm...

Advertisement