Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps2rate for windows2000

Options
  • 27-07-2002 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

ok how in the name of god do I setup ps2rate to get the same loveliness I've been accustomed to with 98se on win2kpro.

the default mouse options still make things a bit blurry unless I play with v-sync on but I'm not too fond of it.

I got some version of ps2rate but when the rate is set to 200hz and the input buffer length is between 3-600 I still can't seem to make it smooth. With fast initialization enabled/disabled?

Has anyone found a version of this that seems to work better than another, I've googled it to bits and it's driving me a bit batty, batty enough to return to 98se to play my games the way I've grown accustomed to :eek:

maybe not the right place to put it, feel free to move accordingly :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

uh..vsync is to do with your monitor. It doesn't effect your mouse..well, at least it shouldnt.

You can set the sample rate in the win2k control panel afaik. You can in XP, so I assume its the same in 2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

afaik you canalso go into the registry and manually set it higher then what win2k lets you.

'Course, you'll always find the odd n00b trying to do it when using a USB mouse.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I know that kairo, but it doesn't seem to be the same solid 200hz I'm accustomed to on 98se.

With v-sync it's not noticeably as bad because there is no tearing on screen when playing a game, with it off there is and ps2rate takes the edge off it for me so I can salvage some fps.

So anyone got any good idea's?

Advertisement