Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't supose?

Options
  • 27-07-2002 3:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

I was thinking, anyone here interested in playing a Online RPG on this board? I'll ST/DM/GM or what ever you guys just disscuss what kinda Game yed like And I'll spoof a set of rules and awaaaaaayyyy we go. 8¬)

Sugestions? comments? Humms and/or Homms?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

How's about we steal the U7 graphics code and make a mmorpg out of it but manage to keep an easy interface so i could be bothered playing?

... but yes... game you say? hrmm... once it isn't half as stat run as D&D <still bitter from america> I'm in. ... Vampire'd be fun! That or Abberant!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

have a quick peek at
    openRPG

rather than the list based game, you could try setting up a "proper" session (by proper I mean, maps, dice etc).

Might be someone else's cup of tea but I've always found the message board rpg a bit limited and extremely open to muppetry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Qualin Hess

Yes Muphetry would be an issue, but I'm sure Hobbes wouldn't mind keeping an eye on us or alternititively we could use the privit board I am the mod of(Its very quite atm I'm trying to teach the other Vamps how to use the interweb but its slow going) and then publish full chapters to the list when finished.

As for Style I was thinking FreeForm (ie no stats) and I'm still taking sugestions as to a seting, (Leaning in favour of the survival/horror genere)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You mean I would have read through all that cr...posts? :)

I'm willing to let this happen just to see how it turns out and if it gets a lot more interest.

I'll spank muppets hard who mess though. Just try not to spam the board with multiple threads and tag the thread with something like [TRP] (Thread Role Play) that way I can put a warning up for people who read the thread and think WTF?! or try to join in mid thread.

If it gets out of hand I would suggest taking it to the private board, but I would like to see it running public to see if it drums up more people.

... More.

I would recommend when you start a thread you list in the top the players and a brief one line status/description.

People who wish to join mid-thread post a simple post like "Join" then it's up to the TM (Thread master ;) ) to say when they join the game, until that time any other posts they add will be treated as spam and deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Provide a list of the current players somewhere, I'll make it sticky.
    As ppl join just edit the post.

I'll happily delete any post from ppl not in said list, if they spam ignore them, myself or hobbnes can delete their posts and if they keep it up just ban them.

• Advertisement

See me wubbs the mods here 8¬)

I've put up the rules here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59719

I will start the frist sceen soon.
    anyone interested in playing should Pm me with their fictional self ideas.

Advertisement