Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Comes From RopeDrink After 3 Days Work!?

Options
  • 26-07-2002 4:19pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Something like this.
    Worked on it for a short time and dropped it like a hot scone now that Im busy with the Awards / Mapping Comps / SC Mapping & RPG Making / Artwork Projects...

Anyway, some Pics.

muse-broom1.jpg

muse-broom2.jpg

muse-dining.jpg

muse-oside.jpg

muse-oside2.jpg

muse-rocks.jpg

muse-show.jpg

muse-stairs.jpg

Just like all the other work I've half started, it looks crap.
    Good day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

That looks great

and only in 3 days, well done

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Yeah looks great Rope. I'm curious - the map looks very detailed, when making a map do you make the whole thing first and then add the detail, or do you make it room by room adding the detail as you make each room ?

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Hmmm. The majority of people will say that to make things room by room and add detail will lead to the overall map become very flawed / having an awful layout etc

I cannot stand designing a layout first, and have always mapped room for room or corridoor for corridoor etc
    What I done above was made room by room and I'm not having too much problems with layout. Thats the thing you see. When it's room for room mapping, you make it up as you go along, rather than go by a ready made layout (Which can sometimes restrict the map once you want to add details).

Anyhow, I will work on it more when I have the time. Im actually happy with what I've done though. Im not exactly a class mapper, but it's better looking than de_gravel anyway :D:)

I love the dirty big rocks in the glass casing. If you see them upclose they're very oddly shaped, and thankfully didn't give me any compile errors ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Argh you ripped my Jessica alba texture ;)

Looks nice so far m8, the dresser/cabinets are well done, the outside area looks ok, the water is too see thru imo.

Tbh the trees sucks donkeys.

overall looks like fun.

/me collectively pets chateau.wad and de_piranesi.wad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

hhhuuuummmmmm.......

looks very impressive rope, hope to play it soon, very detailed and some of the textures r the nicest ive ever seen.cant wait to play it. more pics soon me hopes.

Goud Work.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Its looks like it has a dark and gloomy atmosphere imo kinda reminds me of resident evil 1. Nice work icon14.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

when'll it be availible for download? this looks like a class map for a lan.. nice places for me to hide out with a sniper rifle and fluke my way through the round

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I woudn't wipe my arse in that time.

Played sir.

Course, mapping is to AutoCAD what Champ manager is to Excel :p

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Drake, you're assessing my work as if I had just released it.
    It's three days of work that was sitting on my HD for weeks without being looked at.

Of course the tree's are crap and the water's too see through - Thats because I haven't been able to fully test and edit the map yet, and also because even If I did have the time to edit them they'd be ****e anyway because I can't map to save my foreskin. Especially tree mapping. Never liked tree's. Tree's are evil.
    Still though, I always value contructive criticism so ta thx gg :)

Guys, It wont be released for yonks yet.
    I haven't tried to do anything with it now that I'm immensly busy (And unfortunately don't have a PC anymore - I've explained why in the PI Thread of mine if you want to check).

Raven, 75% of my maps are dark and gloomy :D
    I love making atmospheric maps, and yes it slightly reminds me of Res (But only VERY slightly). Thanks for the compliment :D

If I get a PC going and get all my stuff back, I hope to work on it and have it ready by the LAN for a test, and after that probably release it. It's not as nice looking as some people think :D

Can't wait to get back to work on this one.
    I'm going to scrap the accessable outside part unless I can doll it up a bit, and I'll be adding a nice dark, wooden, atmospheric basement type chunk that gives access to the outside / lower levels of the mansion.

I'd love to get some vases in this map, ala de_Chateau.
    Any idea's on how to get some that does NOT involve hours of piecing together and altering cyliders / using the clip tool!?

I might also try and get my hands on a model to use. Possibly a statue, and have it in an area that doesn't particularly need to be entered (To save fps complaints from happening etc).

Argh, I really need to get my PC back on track!.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by RopeDrink
    I'm going to scrap the accessable outside part unless I can doll it up a bit, and I'll be adding a nice dark, wooden, atmospheric basement type chunk that gives access to the outside / lower levels of the mansion.
    Good idea. Unless you are going to do a large outdoor area it may not be worth the hassle.

I'd love to get some vases in this map, ala de_Chateau.
    Any idea's on how to get some that does NOT involve hours of piecing together and altering cyliders / using the clip tool!?
    If you want, I can make vases identical to the cateau ones, and put them up for dl as a prefab..
    I might also try and get my hands on a model to use. Possibly a statue, and have it in an area that doesn't particularly need to be entered (To save fps complaints from happening etc).

Can't Help you there unfortunately... but there is a few lovverly models in your ..sierra/half-life/dod/models directory, assuming you have one. THe 1337 horse from caen2 is there not to mention a few others :D

I is from Barcelona, I is not knowing game like DoD.
    Me, I not have directory. I do have PC and have turned the button 'ON' and screen is saying "Ta Thx DrAkE 4 Da HeLp" what say dat mean!?

Me need monitor badly!

/me patiently waits for de_chateu pots from DrAkE :rolleyes: :cool:

LOL!

I didn't know you still wanted them.. rofl

Attached.

I wouldn't have asked for them if I didn't want them in the first place, you one star n00blar :D:)

Cheers mate - I think I'll have my PC back soon, and I want to get this map finished - Pots and Pans etc will add that little bit of much needed detail, cheers.

Star
    L33t0r.

Tis no problem. :)

Advertisement