Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Mods

Options
  • 25-07-2002 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

tbh I love the B5: Earth/Minbaari war mod , but the question is what takes your fancy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

I haven't actually played any mods for Homeworld as of yet!

Quick Bel, link me to a good Mod site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i prefer the Bab5: Dark conflict mod
    its the shadow war

drazi cruisers = teh suck

i like the imperial fleet mod with star wars ships, although no hyperspace and star destroyers couldnt carry fighters :/

the macross mod i beta tested waaaaaay back it was pretty good, a bit ameturish but good.

the only star trek mod i played sucked big ones, it had all the homeworld ships as 'alien race' and then 5 or 6 federation ships that were vastly overpowered.

although the starbase model and animations were excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Links?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

any cataclysm mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

there is a star trek cata mod....the somtaww fleet becomes fed's Romulans/ klingons, while the beast becomes cardies, Dominion and has access to build borg cubes...

I'll have to go hunting for the web address for it tho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Monty - the one and only
    there is a star trek cata mod....the somtaww fleet becomes fed's Romulans/ klingons, while the beast becomes cardies, Dominion and has access to build borg cubes...

I'll have to go hunting for the web address for it tho.
    Dont bother, it's a terrifically bad mod :/

Like a lot of mods, it fails in two significant areas.

1)Not all ships are replaced.
    2)No such thing as game balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

hmnnn , celts right there . usually one side has total dominance over the other unless theyre pretty much clones of each other , game balance doesnt seem to be a strong point among HW modders , in fact the same accusation can be leveled agaisnt Cat , I mean I hardly know anybody that play the beast by choice , That seige cannon is just too powerful :/

That said it can be amazing fun , install only one side from the mod and play through the single player , In fact the most fun i ever had was with the macrossTC mod Jaggeh was on about *I fink , there are a few* ploughed through the game with a fist full of Valkeries , fighters with the armour of a frigate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Practical

Links! I demand links!!!!

(Neo btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Someone say Links ?

for Cataclysm http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~homeworld/links.php?op=viewslink&sid=8

for homeworld http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~homeworld/links.php?op=viewslink&sid=7

And the b5 mods site , which for some reason isnt listed
    http://www.b5mods.com/

Anyone got something to add ?

Advertisement