Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Never Winter Nights worth getting?

Options
  • 24-07-2002 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭

review here

This is just one of many fairly crappy reviews Iv seen of NW and there kinda putting me off getting it.Is the game worth getting or should I go for War Craft 3?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Well I'd have to say yes its well worth getting, multiplayer is the big thing and when its working its great. But there are problems with stability as far as the servers are concerned, so hopefully they'll sort that out soon.

seems the reviewer of the game doesnt have a clue, the main focus of NWN is not the single player game but rather the multiplayer game, thats what the big deal is. Anyway its written by Bioware not wizards as he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

WarCraft III is well polished, very stable, works great online on @ 28k and is the #1 selling PC game in the world atm.

You decide. :)

Luc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Yep as lucutus says WC III is belly nice, comes down to what sort of mouse clickin you want to do. Both games good cannt really compare them, I say get both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

the forum reviews for warcraft are available, just check them out.

Now I am playing neverwinter nights and yes it does feel like Baldursgate, but different :) I know I know...
    Your group is smaller , just one 'Henchman' and it does completely work on AI, you can not eq your henchman (which I think is a bad thing) and they die quickly. The graphics are so-so.
    I have played the first 12 hours and have the feeling the game just began.
    It is value for money if you like the RPG gaming style, read loads of conversation txt, battle and get killed by bizarre monsters, get frustrated that you have a sword in your possesion which you can not use for the coming few days untill your character is strong enough. It's a pain to get trough some levels and loads of running around doing quests. I would recommend it to a die hard RPG fan. Not your everyday Hack-and-slash gamer.

Warcraft is , fast, fun, full of life, colour, and innovative.
    but i finished it in one week, sniff....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I finally beat single player.

I have to say the mages in the game are way too powerful.

For the whole of chapter four it just involved me sitting back and watching the fighting then throwing the occasional death spell in or maximised fireball.

The end person was about the only thing that was hard near the end and that was because your not allowed rest.

Ending sucks btw.

Multiplayer is fun, kind of treat it like a mini-shard.

Or you could get Asherons Call ? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

Originally posted by Venom
    review here

This is just one of many fairly crappy reviews Iv seen of NW and there kinda putting me off getting it.Is the game worth getting or should I go for War Craft 3?

Sorry for pointing out the obvious, but the review is from Something Awful - so I wouldn't get too worked up about it.

Here's a snippet from Something Awful (www.somethingawful.com)

This excellent Truthmedia Review of "Neverwinter Nights" should have the flame e-mails rolling in to Something Awful in no time! Head on over and see if this one makes you angry even though you already know that its intention is to enrage you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Yes I know its a wind up review :)

But was just curious to see if anyone would "bite" :)

You should read the bioware boards to see the fanboi's going through spasm attacks even after the mods posted it was a windup :)

Advertisement