Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you still buy D&D/AD&D in shops?

Options
  • 23-07-2002 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

Can you still buy the board/card game of D&D or AD&D?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Yep, I saw it in dublin
    Its also on sale on amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

there used to be a corner where you could buy some stuff in Virgin Megastore in dublin , but i aint been there for sooooooooo long so it could be gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Originally posted by pyro_teknix2005
    Can you still buy the board/card game of D&D or AD&D?

Try Sub City, Exchequer St, Dublin
    or Gamers Realm, Galway
    or The Gathering, Limerick

All have a stock of pen and paper RPGs and cards etc. And I'm sure all have new(ish) 3rd Ed AD&D

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by Borzoi
    or Gamers Realm, Galway
    Where is that?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Sub city is pretty much the only place in dublin (as far as I know). It's a bit pricey though. Might be a bit cheaper to order from amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭rumpelstiltskin

Originally posted by Funky
    there used to be a corner where you could buy some stuff in Virgin Megastore in dublin , but i aint been there for sooooooooo long so it could be gone

Yeah the corner is gone, so is Virgin Megastores :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Forbidden Planet have a SMALL stock. But it really is tiny.

Originally posted by LoLth
    Sub city is pretty much the only place in dublin (as far as I know). It's a bit pricey though. Might be a bit cheaper to order from amazon.

Probably true on both counts but:

I f we don't support the local games shop we won't have any in the future.

I like to browse a shop, I appreciate that these are niche businesses, and I am prepared to pay a small premium to keep them in a job and me with a service.

Draco;
    I don't know where Gamers Realm is in Galway, they're quite new (6 months ish), try the phonebook.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Borzoi: I completely agree with the sentiment of supporting local businesses and the idea of paying a *small* premium, but the price difference between sub city and the USD RRP of some of the books was a lot more than currency conversion and shipping costs could account for. (50euro for a $25 book?? - relics and rituals from sword and sorcery press). Amazon had it for $23 including postage. My point is, compare the two, if it is just a small difference, then by all means buy in the local hobby shop but don't let patriotism be a reason to allow yourself to be ripped off.

The current price of relics and rituals from amazon

Forbidden planet carry Dragon and Dungeon magazines.

Originally posted by LoLth
    My point is, compare the two, if it is just a small difference, then by all means buy in the local hobby shop but don't let patriotism be a reason to allow yourself to be ripped off.

So we're agreed!

I know what we may consider a rip off is what they may consider a justifable price. God knows no one in Sub City is rich.

BTW that Amazon free shipping may only apply to the US. Be careful!

• Advertisement
Advertisement