Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest/Best Fleet

Options
  • 23-07-2002 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

The biggest fleet I ever had in a Skirmish against the CPU was when I had the difficulty set to easy and had resources of 9999 every minute. I built a total of 72 Ion Cannon Frigates afair.

I'll do it again and take a screenie of it to show off. ;)

Another one is when I had 6 or 7 Heavy Cruisers, mucho-fun. I decided not to kill th enemy CPU, but I just crippled it by destoying every Harvester and every ship that it built. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

3 Heavy Cruisers, 4 Destroyers, 2 Missile Destroyers.
    Every game I get this many , hyperspace to enemy #1, kill, claim bounty, hyperspace to #2, win game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

My 72 Ion Frigs own your puny Cruisers and Destroyers!

yes, but I'm quote sure they also cost much MUCH more to hyperspace.
    So while your halfway to my mothership, I hyperspace to yours, pwn you and win :)

Or I could build 70 attack bomber, 8 mine layers and they would also pwn your puny frigs :)

btw, anyone up for a game tonight?

I had resources at 9999 every min remember, so RU's weren't a problem. As for bomber, I had 80 of the at one time, didn't bother building Capital Ships, just pwned them with my bombers. :)

• Advertisement

2 Missile Dests would probably maul the bombers, but ion frigs suck at killing fighters, they have incredibly weak rear and side armour.

Yeh but 72.. come on, even if I was swarmed by fighters, there would still be enough Ion Frigs to pwn the mothership!

As for the bombers getting mown down by the missle destroyers... yeah you're right, but 80 bombers would still win, they'd lose about 1/4 of their fleet though imo.

2 missile destroyers would kill a 1/4 of the attack bombers in the first 5 to 10 seconds.

20 bombers in 5-10 seconds? I doubt it, really. Agressive tactics in Sphere formation, then yea probably, but Neutral/Agressive Claw or X and they would last longer than 5-10 seconds.

2 in 3 missiles hit on average, 32 missiles firing in a salvo taking ~5 seconds, regenerating a missile every .475 seconds.

Multiply that by two :)

• Advertisement

Go away with your numbers, we'll see, I'll make a demo and show you. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

What he says is quite true, large groups of fighters/bombers can be cut to pieces in the opening seconds of a battle with missle destroyers, if used correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

absolutely right , a single missle destroyer can easily hope to drop 20 fighters *thats conservative* in the first ten seconds *provided the missle banks are full* , if its facing head on , once the fighters break formation or start taking runs from behind its different matter , but even then a missle destroyer deadly enough to come out on top

Advertisement