Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying duty free of the web!!!

Options
  • 23-07-2002 10:06am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok a friend of mine told me about this website www.yessmoke.com where you can buy smokes for considerably cheaper than we pay for them here.
    What I would like to know is if any one has bought from them.Are there any legal complications to consider with this?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭lynchie

I was going to buy of this crowd about a year ago. Back then, everybody was using them for buying smokes. But then the customs crowd started to figure out what was going on, so they put a stop to it.

Now in saying that, I was reading up on some of the customs info last week and I've actually placed an order with yesmoke.com for 200 b&h. Now, im not completely sure on this but from what I gathered from some documents on revenue.ie, there is a limit of 50 cigarettes which can be brought in from outside the EU without paying duty on them. It is for this reason that yesmoke.com send your cigarettes in packs of 40, i.e. you order 200 you get 5 parcels with 40 smokes in them. They send each parcel a day after one another, so that they all dont arrive in customs at once.

Im due to get mine either this week or next week. Ill keep you informed as to whether they arrive or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Mate of mine used to buy cigarettes off these guys. Even though they break them up in to 5 parcels of 20. If the post office cops on, they'll keep the parcels and get you to collect them personally so they can nail you for the duty. He told them where to go.

Advertisement