Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing Action from J-Bay

Options
  • 22-07-2002 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

Be sure to check out the action from J-Bay on http://www.billabongpro.com

It's not on today but you can get live scores and audio commentary.

Check out the video of Andy Irons scoring a perfect 10 and a 9.5.
    He's on fire so far this year and is a serious contender for the title.

Hopefully we'll see some good surfing tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Well, Mick Fanning took the title, not surprisingly. If you can get a chance check out his video from Rip Curl, "Fanning the Flames", I think you'll agree he's one of the best surfers on the tour. There's a clip from it on the Rip Curl site www.ripcurl.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I love watching the young blood keeping the older and more experienced guys on their toes, it's v.easy to be lazy about doing something once you have the basics learnt and in skateboarding I hate seeing older pro's put together half assed video parts while younger guys are coming along and blowing them right out of the water only to not get the recognition they deserve.

Kelly Slater was my favourite surfer when I followed it closely alongside the windsurfing, Robby Naish was always a favourite until this young norwegian lad came along (can't remember his name) and proceeded to stun everyone with his insane skills in the wave competitions.

Advertisement