Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prisoner of war

Options
  • 20-07-2002 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

i just bought this game today. does anyone else have it? what do you think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

any clue as to what format?

I'm assuming it's a WW2 game?

is it any good? is it an FPS on a console?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

PS2 and (totally) XBox, and I think there's a PC version in the works.

Its basically the Great Escape game - you have to escape from a POW camp in WWII (well, two POW camps actually) - perspective is 3rd person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

I've been waiting for this on the Pc for a while, what's it's like?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

mmmh...heard about a PoW being developed for PC.
    3rd. person...mixture of stealth and action (?)

Yes, do tell - What is it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

i finally got a chance to play it. its a good game. your an american pilot during WW2 and when your plane is shot down you are taken to a german POW camp. it is not an action game, theres no shooting or any weapons at all. instead, you have to use stealt and anything you can find around the place to help you escape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Reading Ghost Soldiers atm actually..about the Ghosts of Bataan and the death march.

Good book

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

hired out POW game at the weekend. i was not impressed.

controls are unresponsive at times.
    camera is terrible at times.

i didnt spend long playing the game because of that. all i played was the first and second level and from i noticed the game was no challange. you are told exactly what to do. where is the fun in that. for example, there was no searching for keys or the crowbar needed. the inmates told you exactly where to find them.

maybe the later levels are a different story and more enjoyable. but for me ' first impressions last '.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Waiting for PC version.

Advertisement