Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bmx

Options
  • 20-07-2002 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Do many people here bmx?
    I have a freestyle diamondback joker, Not the best of bikes I know but it does me.
    I mostly bike flatland but i do a fair bit of street too.
    Well any one else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Ah man, cought your post and it brought back memories ;)

Nah, I used to bike 15 years ago when everyone and their mother had a BMX.

Most ppl then were big into racing but my thing was flatland and ~street~. Having said that I'm sure what we were doing then was crude by todays standards.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

where do you go biking on street?
    We used to get a couple of bikers into ramp 'n rail a few nights, great stuff to watch. Really vicious chunks of metal them there things ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I have a shell of a GT Fueler sitting at home (for sale btw €100 ;)). I fully intend buying myself a decent Haro once the exams are over and €500 comes my way. It's been about a year now, but I'm dying to get back into some street riding. Dublin City on Fri/Sat nights is the best craic.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Originally posted by Lorax
    St Annes park in Raheny is a good place to practice stunts but

We used to bike in "de Annes" all the time (years ago). Is that corner near Dollymount still usable ???

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭accensi0n

I mainly go riding in town and in UCD, if anyone wants to meet up and go riding email me at eoghancullen@yahoo.com
    check out my friends site at www.geocities.com/bentforkbmx/
    if you have any pictures or video clips email them to him and he'll put them on his site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

chances are we've already met on more than one occasion if you've been skating around/biking/blading there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭teck-x5

i bmx with accensi0n onhere im the guy on the top left in the pics section:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

hey man, what about up north? i only started bunnyhopping like last week, im at 1 inch or so, me an my freinds do street and dirt/trials in kilrea, northern ireland. its pretty neat, but mebbe i think that cos i live in a one street village, 20 miles away. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

Hey guys. I've been BMXing for 2 years now. I can Feeble, 5-0 grinds. Tabletops, barspins, x-up's and I love hanging round in the University of limerick with me skating friends. Big up to any one in Limerick who's a bmxer. get in touch if u want a session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

im on 5-6 inches now, im trying to get height and distance then im gonna try grinds and stuff wen i get my new bike as well. lookin at the new hoffmans model, cant remember its name, a crap wat was it :) the new street one. santa better have room......................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

My bro and his mates bmx down the Seafront in bray. Theres about 6 brakeless riders around at the mo. No angry teenagers with chainwallets though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭accensi0n

If hes ever riding in dublin with his friends tell him to contact me at eoghancullen@yahoo.com

whats with the brakeless craze?

Rightso I'll pass it on, sometimes he goes into town, UCD and dun laoghaire.

They ride brakeless because " man , im just glad i got to experience riding with jonny kool in my lifetime ...i mean..i witnessed that **** going down first hand .. and it didnt stop at riding either..that kid ripped on a skateboard too .. those memories are priceless man .. one love for my homie ...smoke an ounce to dat "

Are there any limerick bmxers at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

When will BentFork be finished .... The new site is taking ages, what is the hold up, can someone find out and tell us all what is happening. This is going on so long ?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Vladivar

Due to peoples lack of interest in Bent Fork i.e noone send me any photos or
    video stuff so the site may not be going ahead. Maybe in a few mouths but thats
    nly if people start sending stuff in.

Bent Fork

Heres a short video of Briano, a rider in bray. Its not great quality but only 3 megs. Tell us what you think..

http://www.bmxboard.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/016898.html

Right click and choose save as to download it.

I all ready have it hes my friend.

Anybody here still ride?

Puddin, shreddin' it down here in Limerick!

I was up in Dublin on Saturday but all i saw was sk8ers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

I still do but its this damn weather...
    I need new tires too..

Advertisement