Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First post...

Options
  • 20-07-2002 4:01pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

First post.... haha I never get to do that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

First reply to the first post... I bet my moms proud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Can I be mod ?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Originally posted by yellum
    Can I be mod ?

:D
    Second. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

did i, or did I not send in the request for this board? according to paragraph 34, section b of the Rules For Setting Up A New Board™, It clearly states:
    At this stage, we will either approve or deny this request, setting the Community Moderator to the person who initiated the request.

so there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

A vote for meh is a vote for the liberation of the supreme ChEesE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

gwan owra da! I made 1st request for moderatorship of the forum in the admin board upon it's suggestion :)

yeah, tacticalanni and I shall moderate.

the vote is unanimous then! ;)

Grant us the powers that will be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

surely to be Mod you have to show some sort of knowledge in extreme sports, and not just the capabilty of a 900 in Tony Hawk or a 1080 in cool boarders!!!

Well I most certainly can't do a 900........
    but I can inform you of information such as can be found in the thread about skate parks. (check last post by samba, that's me)
    As I stated in the admin thread where this forum was suggested; I do have a wealth of information which mostly falls under skateboarding because that has been my main focus after having tried an endless list of things for a long time. (which is also why I suggested we have split moderatorship where one covers announcements/info for say watersports/Skating/Snow&Ski
    But then again we could be talking about spear fishing, I've been diving since I was 12 and spearfishing since I turned 15. I've been windsurfing since I was 12 and just before my sixteenth birthday I came 14th in the Heineken National championships (oisin number 1) in Howth/Sutton Bay. I can tell you a great deal of information and believe I would do a good job here.
    I spent all my summer months through each year of school learning about these sports and was going to go become a windsurfing instructor but it didn't appeal to me. Was v.lucky to have a french mother, I got to stay in france on my summer holidays from school and just do what I loved doing each day, the list being
    Skateboarding, Spearfishing, Freediving, waterskiing, wakeboarding, Windsurfing, Surfing, bodyboarding, land surfing.
    I get to do all of this there. We have a boat, I travel around a lot, I know others that do the same and I could recommend you a host of places to try X, Y or Z between here and France.
    Although I did win Best Trick Category at Ramp 'N' Rail 2 yrs ago (backside heelflip over a bin on the driveway) being one of my v.few little claims to fame, in fact that and my little winsdurfing achievement were my only two :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

You sound qualified enough for me anywho, now what aboot dukman?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Modding has nothing to do with knowledge of the sport or topic, it has to be with being a level headed person who has a clear idea of whats acceptible and not, on boards.ie.

Admittedly this should be an easy board to mod but I'll keep my own councel on who is and isnt fit to mod it.
    Btw, I love it when people vote for mods like it matters... its *sooo* cute. :)

DeV.

let's see... I've been skateboarding for about 5 years now, and still progressing. I've gone snowboarding a lot because I love it so much, it's pretty much my favorite sport. I've tried my hand at windsurfing, but the weather sucked and I kinda got thrown off it. BMXing, I dont mind, because some of my friends have bikes, so I support the cause. I hate the whole sell-out of skatboarding, etc. over the past year because the credibility is gone now. But it's good to see new parks and stuff up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

suggesting the forum gets you nothing positive or negative in the "being mod" stakes. In fact I cant recall who suggested this first and I dont care.

I'll be hanging out here a lot, its already one of my subscribed fora so we'll only need one mod and I'll give it some thought over the next few weeks, we're not going to pick one today to tomorrow so you can all calm down.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Originally posted by DeVore
    suggesting the forum gets you nothing positive or negative in the "being mod" stakes. In fact I cant recall who suggested this first and I dont care.

I'll be hanging out here a lot, its already one of my subscribed fora so we'll only need one mod and I'll give it some thought over the next few weeks, we're not going to pick one today to tomorrow so you can all calm down.

DeV.

Slightly hazy but i think you`ve earmarked me right.

Cheers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Being a mod is work if you do it proper.

Why in gods name would you want to .. you mad mad people?

I must say I ike the idea of this board though and it's been the first one to drag me back to posting in a long while - just hope it gets nice an active.

Lots of potential for general sport info, spots info for the sports, gear advice, event notices etc.

Cheers,

JAK.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

*OOooohh!* *OOooohh!*

Can I be the Sacrifical Kitten of Lurve?

lol :)

• Advertisement
  • Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Gah.
    Was going to paste one of my usual rants on the sheer sadness of requesting modship using big capital letters, "I know stuff" comments and the favoured "I suggested this board, thus I am DE MAN"

...But I wont... :D

Welcome to the Weird and Wonderful World of Extreme Sports (A world completely alien to me). Keep your arms and legs inside until this ride comes to a full and complete stop.
    Oh and you can tell that this Board will have a noticeable lack of muppetry due to a specific user who always comes here. Not mentioning any Dev's though... Erm, Oops!?

Are you seriously trying to imply to me that ALL mods for the respective forums are level headed :eek:
    I better give up now, after reviewing wwm's rants on the for sale board I know deep down there is no way I could be as level headed or as cool and calculated, as mods of the other forums :rolleyes:
    Gwan outta tha! Are you trying to tell me that this guy who shows up to a boards beer night, rolls up his trouser leg and gives the "sekrit signal" and licks some guys ear is more qualified to mod the board than anyone else? Or the fact that they talk rampantly about homosexuality/anal sex on irc? Or get up in the morning, sit down in front of their pc all day, go to bed then do it all over, every day and can't be away from their computer because they get withdrawal symptoms?

Strange how different people view others behaviour and characterise it from what they have perceived ;)

Hell there's no way I'll be mod, I'm the guy who jumps off cliffs into the water after having been scuba diving, skateboards and does all these other weird things, I MUST BE MAD! (hook head is a great place to do this :) huge cliffs and really deep water, most places are so high you will need a wetsuit in order to not rip your skin off upon impact with the water.

Advertisement