Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT Concept

Options
  • 19-07-2002 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

This is the game GT3 should have been.
    Forget those "boy racers" type cars, in the first 10 minutes i have raced a SL 500 and even a GT40..very very nice.

The PAL coversion is almost perfect and im almost sure that the game has a more refined polish to it.

€40 happily spent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

how many cars are actually in the game?

it doesn't have the variety of cars that GT3 has and the range of game modes does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

How can you tell the PAL conversion is almost perfect. I had the jap version of the original GT3 and the PAL version ran alot slower despite having no borders etc.

And since the concept version is basically the same game with different cars, i doubt they'd vamp up the conversion process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by Phreak
    how many cars are actually in the game?

it doesn't have the variety of cars that GT3 has and the range of game modes does it?

I think there are approximately 100 cars in the game Phreak.
    Nope it certainly does not have the range of GT3 in both cars and game modes.

Really GT Concept is for the player who really enjoyed/obsessed about GT3 as it does improve in a lot of areas and expecially in handling.
    The previous game had far too much of an arcade feel, but in this game, the cars are much more loose and on the edge.
    I have no idea if thats realism, simply because i dont drive a GT40 @ 150mph to work on a daily basis (i wanna know the guy who does)

One of the areas developers said they would improve for GT3 was your starting point car and the difference between that and your end goal but in reality there was still too many junk cars in there.

Now you jump straight into a great car and the cash is eliminated, you win to win.

Originally posted by bugs
    How can you tell the PAL conversion is almost perfect. I had the jap version of the original GT3 and the PAL version ran alot slower despite having no borders etc.

And since the concept version is basically the same game with different cars, i doubt they'd vamp up the conversion process.

When i referred to the conversion being almost perfect, i meant....well..... you just gave the more elabourate answer.
    :)

The borders have certainly been reduced and as for in game stuff:
    Maybe im just stoopid, but im sure the cars look more "bling" than before, but it has been 6 months since i played GT3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

The two versions are almost identical for screen borders etc.
    The PAL version was slower a good bit, but not so much that ppl over here were going "bahhhhh, my starlet GT tuuuuuurbo isn't turbo anymore", or some such stupid scumbag comment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,576 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Picked this up today. Will reply with my thoughts when I've played it for a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭-RaY-

imo GT3 was not arcadey its the total opposite tbh i used to be a master at GT2 but i never got the hang of GT3 even though CONECPT cars is a great idea i still rather having all the cars we know and love ie. souped up Nissan Skyline gtr or a Honda integra suoped up or souped up civic *rant*rant*rant*rant:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by -RaY-
    imo GT3 was not arcadey its the total opposite

Sure...if you ignore the lack of vehicle damage, the questionable tyre wear or even how "stuck" to the road the opposition is.
    How about the forgiving handling, where you can bash walls and barriers and continue on at the same speed?

GT3 is anything but realistic and i doubt you will ever see a racer like GPL on a console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

u can buy it on www.play.com
    for just under 30 euros

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by chernobyl
    where you can bash walls and barriers and continue on at the same speed?
    Lies ;)

Advertisement