Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do with a gerbil.

Options
  • 19-07-2002 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Right , this has got to be one of the sickest and funniest stories
    you are ever likely to read! It is an actual article from the L.A. Times - Enjoy!

'Flaming Gerbil'

"In retrospect, lighting the match was my big mistake. But I was
    only trying to retrieve the gerbil" Eric Tomaszewski told bemused
    doctors in the Severe Burns Unit of Salt Lake City Hospital. Tomaszewski, and his homosexual partner Andrew "Kiki" Farnum, had been admitted for emergency treatment after a felching session had gone seriously wrong.

"I pushed a cardboard tube up his rectum and slipped Raggot,
    our gerbil, in." he explained. "As usual "Kiki shouted out
    Armageddon', my cue that he'd had enough. I tried to retrieve
    Raggot but he wouldn't come out again, so I peered into the tube and struck a match, thinking the light might attract him."

At a hushed press conference, a hospital spokesman described what happened next:
    "The match ignited a pocket of intestinal gas and a flame shot out
    of the tubing, igniting Mr. Tomaszewski's hair and severely
    burning his face. It also set fire to the gerbil's fur and whiskers which in turn ignited a larger pocket of gas further up the intestine, propelling the rodent outlike a cannonball."

"Tomaszewski suffered second degree burns and a broken nose from the impact of the gerbil, while Farnum suffered first and second degree burns to his anus and lower intestinal tract."

True story.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

yeah ur right it is hilarious,its been around the block a bit though,but it could only happen in america,the land of oppurtunity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

aye, an oldun but a goodun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Harmo

Jesus dude thats sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭spiderman

u got that out of the darwin book.

have u read the 1 on the lovers struck by lightning now that was funney

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭cujimmy

have u read the 1 on the lovers struck by lightning now that was funney
    No tell us about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

there is a sound file of where some radio newscaster reads it out on air and ****s himself laffing on air

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Did the gerbil survive?

No, seriously...

Poor creature :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Armageddon!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by SearrarD
    there is a sound file of where some radio newscaster reads it out on air and ****s himself laffing on air
    ROFL yeah that's class :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭spiderman

<snip>

• Advertisement

re: the sound file awh come on guys give us a hint as to what its called or where i may find it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

most likley it was howard stern

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

somebody should send that in to gareth o' callaghan..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

I laughed my ass off.... but then it all got a bit out of hand

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

A friend of mine has the sound file of that, feckin hillarious.... ARMAGGEDON!!

(why he used a match to attract the gerbil instead of some food is a mystery, but what do you expect, its in america :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭TheWolf

'Fraid not mate, according to http://www.snopes.com/risque/homosex/gerbil.htm

Versions of the following gerbilling fiction date back at least to 1993 when a faked United Press International item appeared on the Internet, one that named Vito Bustone and Kiki Rodriguez of Lake City, Florida, as the accident victims. (The gerbil's name was withheld by request of the family.) Other versions have been falsely attributed to the Los Angeles Times with the events said to have taken place in Salt Lake City, Utah. Rest assured that neither news outlet ever published a news article about these fictitious events

Still funny though

Nice to see people still reading threads a year after they were posted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

:( That's one of the most depraved things I've ever heard!!

On a serious note, I nearly pi$$ed myself laffin' @ that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

very very old :)

Advertisement