Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got Asherons Call - Dark Majesty

Options
  • 19-07-2002 7:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

and with it I got little sleep last night. :/

More to come on it but...

- Modem speed I was very impressed that the game was playable.

- The magic system has totally changed. It is supposed to be easier but I'm still at a loss (you only need one taper as a component).

- The game has totally changed. I didn't reconise most towns I went to. My favorite starting town has been firebombed. Newbie citidels are nicer.

- There is a whole new section to the map.

- Experience seems easier to get. One quest which normally gave 500xp gave me 2500xp. So level 1->3 in 5 minutes. :)

- They have housing now, larger lands, new skills, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Ok here's some more on the game.

- There are more recall based spells.

Before you could only recall to the lifestone or to a portal. You can now recall to two different lifestones, two portals (tied) and one portal (last one through).

I have to say this has really opened up the game as it's easier to get around. Added to the fact that the housing has portals around the place you can jump from one part of the map to the other without having to figure out some bizarrie plan.

- New Skills.

I have looked at it, but there are three kinds of tinkering skills added.

- New Spells.

They have changed life magic so it's based on your skill. Before a low level mage could drain a high level creature through two walls. Now you can only do it if you are high level.

They have added new attack based healing spells, I assume to cater for this.

- New dungeons.

New lands aside (which are quite nice) there are just tons of new dungeons.

- Spell system changed.

Before to learn spells you had to work out a combination of 4-6 components across 60 odd comps.

Now you buy the spells and the components are just the scarabs (used to denote spell power) and prismatic tapers. Makes magic a lot more painless.

- New monsters.

Just too many to note. I have noticed they have human based monsters now.

- .NET PASSPORT

*RANT* This has to be the only real downside to the game I have found.

In order to play you have to go through .NET passport. It involves going through 5-6 webpages to login, expecting a timeout on one page everytime and if you have an IE crash you have to start again. It's taking about 5 minutes or more to get validated just to play the game.

- Housing.

Intresting but housing has changed the whole world. A lot more people hang out at housing estates/mansions then in towns. As a result, some towns that were teeming with people are close to empty.

- Allegience system.

They have changed it to stop abuse of it. Now to swear alliegence you must put XP up front before it will activate, and resets at each level.

People are still the same though giving you loads of stuff for you to become their vassel.

Advertisement