Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any old Epic 40k players?

Options
  • 17-07-2002 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

just wondering, from someone who spent too long painting unfeasibly large epic scale armies :)

pity they dumbed down the rules in the 2nd release of it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

The dumbing down of rules seems to have been a general trend.

But they have come out and said that their target market for 0k-based products are 10-12yr old males. Pretty depressing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

nothing to stop someone running games with the old rule sets, s'just they won't cover all the latest units in them, in fact, you'd think someone out there on the net would be doing something like this and keeping the old rulesets alive ...

/me runs off to google

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by ButcherOfNog
    nothing to stop someone running games with the old rule sets, s'just they won't cover all the latest units in them, in fact, you'd think someone out there on the net would be doing something like this and keeping the old rulesets alive ...

/me runs off to google

There IS a version of Epic called "netepic" available online. It's a hybrid between Epic 2nd Ed & 3rd ed, leaning mor etowards 2nd ed.

BUT, GW have admitted themsevles that they cocked up with 3rd ed. If you get the black-library type stuff like 40k magazine or the journal, its geared more towards the older players.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

I played the first version of epic and enjoyed it.I also played the very first version of 40k (the one with the big blue hardback book).
    Havent looked at warhammer for ages now but when i stopped playing the rules were certainly being dumbed down a great deal.

Advertisement