Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

W32/AceBot.worm help!!!!!

Options
  • 17-07-2002 4:29pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok the network here has been infected with the above named worm and I cant seem to rid myself of it.It adds a random named executable to windows\system and NAV cant clean the file.I also cant delete it because it is part of windows system files.It also can get through firewalls which Im sure is how we got it.
    Ok Im not the best at explaining this-but I hope people can understand what Im talking about.
    Apparently its a low risk virus but its payload can cause startup/shut down problems which we are experiencing.Also we have lost a few network connections which are also associated with this wor.
    Any way any help as always is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Richie.

Comments

Advertisement