Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go....

Options
  • 17-07-2002 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

on dates.

I was just thinking where would do people go on a date, besides the obvious (pub/dinner/movies/bowling).

Does anyone have any great ideas for dates, or any unique ones (suggestions involving chocolate will not be tolerated)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Depends where you live at what kind of date you mean.
    All those ones seem like night time things.
    Near where i live theres a castle ruins in the woods. Nice place for it. Bit of grub, two litre of linden, classy man!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If you are near a planetarium it'd be great craic.
    Also try the Dublin Ghost bus or Literary pub crawls maybe...

Dunno though, I'm crap at dating :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Picnics can be really nice. If you organise it yourself, she'll be putty in your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Hmm, the usual like lunch in the park, concert, etc.

Now for something a little different try, paintballing, mountineering, rock climbing, boating, quasar, "the con-widow experience", to an internet cafe to sample the delights of LAN gaming, to an offie, a strip joint perhaps umm... depends on what type of woman you're with really :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

My suggestion for the picnic is...
    Go somewhere under a tree where no-one can see you. Dig a big hole and stick your foodstuffs in a hamper wrapped in plastic bags tightly. (This should be done half a day before the date). Cover the hamper with thin wood and refill the top with the dirt you dug up (get rid of the rest of the dirt elsewhere). Don't forget to place grass on top.

Say that you want to "eat from the world" or something like that... bring her to the field and sing 'er a song or something then whip out the trowel and dig up yer foodstuffs!! hoho what a larf mate, innit!

Or maybe just take a hamper with you...

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Tell us a bit more about the date and perhaps you'll get some better ideas...like if its a first date or how well you know each other, that type...
    I can give a few helpful hints once I know a little more , if you like her and want to impress her, or if its a get to know you date, let us know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

go to tthe theatre, or the opera, or the carwash, or some dodgey diner, or more street, or the dublin mountains, or dress up in 60's clothes, or have a reservoir dogs suit day, or just anything.

just be different and anyone will have fun really.

christ, even go to a football match!
    or feed the ducks in the park.
    its not that hard to come up with ideas, you just have to get out of the whole pub cinema thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

sample the delights of LAN gaming, to an offie, a strip joint

I can pretty much say that she would have a higher opinion of you if ya brought her to a strip club and not a lan :D

seriously like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Yeah, god knos it's hard for stout men to stand the perversity of a Lan, let alone a frail, helpless stórín with her eyes full of innosence.....

Go street racing.
    Go karting outdoors
    Go shooting
    Go abseiling
    Go for a romantic skinnydip.
    Go skin and fry a kitten. <- great bonding experience that....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Go to see Miss Saigon...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I picked her up after work on Sunday, we went for a stroll by a lake and talked. She loved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Baldy

Originally posted by Dave
    I picked her up after work on Sunday, we went for a stroll by a lake and talked. She loved it.

What lake was that???? I may need to borrow that idea off you ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Originally posted by Baldy

What lake was that???? I may need to borrow that idea off you ! :)

em, i don't think it was just 'that particular lake' that made her like it ... *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

aye go for a drive out to a nice forest or lake or something.. if its less than 40 minutes or so away that is.. any longer and it mightn't be worth it :)

or else just choose a nice restaurant and a nice wine bar for afters..

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Go to the theatre, see some actors.
    It's just like the cinema, but with real human beings, and you'll feel awfully high-brow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Take her away for the weekend - nice hotel - never fails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Originally posted by damnyanks

I can pretty much say that she would have a higher opinion of you if ya brought her to a strip club and not a lan :D

seriously like :)

Depends what kind of girl she is really ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

bring her back to the house...put a plastic mat on the floor...then put on the marigolds & start up the chainsaw

......she'll love it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Picnic would be a class idea.

Head up towards Glendalough over the Dublin Mountains, Stop off at the Guiness Lake on the Way, then You'll see a massively Small Waterfall that is really high up, but has a pathetic amount of water goin over the side :p Really Nice scenery though.

Head off down to Clare to the Burren for teh Weekend or somewhere very Remote and snuggle up under the Layers of Blankets in some old cottage. Aran Islands even... Ive never been there but i Hear its a great place for couples.

Use Your Head Man! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement