Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why?

Options
  • 17-07-2002 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭

Cos it seems quite a few of us like Warcraft 3, and some other people like Starcraft.

The people who _still_ like Age of Empires should be shot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Well I like AOE :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Isn't there a new AOE type game comin out, Age of Mythology or somethin, sposed to be disgustingly complicated etc. Sonic was rambling something about it while langered lastnite.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Originally posted by kayos
    Well I like AOE :p
    AOE 2 is a great game and if you disagree your a fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

AoE2 was very good, the conquerers expansion was f**king fantastic :o
    How you cant like this game is a mystery, SWGBG was also a nifty little add on, but not quite as good as conquerers IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Aye Age of Mithology is going to be the latest in the Age of things from the past series, can't remember much about the game but I think there is going to be a new hero system or something along those lines in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

sposed to be disgustingly complicated
    Its simply AOE3. Dunno how Sonic knows its complicated as its not in beta yet, and therefore no one has played it. About 100,000 around the world are on the beta test (inc me!) so we will know then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

chill out there regi, maybe some of us prefer our games to be based around the real world.
    i like sci fi & fantasy as much as the next guy, but there comes a point where you get sick of the geeky side of it

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Originally posted by tman
    chill out there regi, maybe some of us prefer our games to be based around the real world.
    i like sci fi & fantasy as much as the next guy, but there comes a point where you get sick of the geeky side of it
    I know how you feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

AoE rock0rs! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I really need to borrow WWM's sarcasm device

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

AOE is pants
    too much micro-management to br a smooth RTS, if i wanted micro-management I'd reinstall Civ

Ground Control can't be beaten for pure-bred tactics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Aye, Ground Control is about the only other decent 3d rts next to shogun's battles.

Warcraft 3 is my hook at the moment..Zug Zug!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Aye Warcraft 3 is kick ass alright.

Played SW:Galactic Battle and the Clone Wars expansion and it was fun while it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Does the clone wars expansion add much to it? i was thinking of getting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

AOE/M should have its own board, it's so great. King of RTS.

Clone Wars? I'm not sure, but a friend said it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Hmm this is just my opinion but tbh I got a bit bored of AOE after a while. I like the game but it never really appealed to me in the same way as Starcraft or Homeworld did. But to put down the above games because they're "sci-fi" is a little silly. And to then claim AOE to be superior due to it's historical accuracy? I'm sorry, but AOE was not paticularily accurate, esp compared to games such as cossacks.

Then again i'm happy being a geek :D

Advertisement