Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite PS2 Games

Options
  • 16-07-2002 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

what are your favourite PS2 games. could you leave the name and the type of game it is.

thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

gta3 - steal/beat/drive/shoot/fly 'em up
    the controls are much easier in the pc version tho

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Originally posted by tman
    gta3 - steal/beat/drive/shoot/fly 'em up
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Silent Hill 2 - Spooky survival horror dealy.
    SSX Tricky - Addictive snowboarding phun.
    Rez - Er, I cant think of a genre to do it justice really.
    ICO - Prince of persia stylee, except brilliance!
    Final Fantasy X - RPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,576 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

GTA3 is the game in years. Rez gets second prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭BKtje

GTA3, Res evil code veronica, FFX as said above

i found Metal gear Solid 2 good as well.- Infiltrate areas using stealth and other stuff i guess. not sure what to call it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    i found Metal gear Solid 2 good as well.- Infiltrate areas using stealth and other stuff i guess. not sure what to call it :)

too short, thats what i call it. but its good for what you get.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Devil may cry - like resident evil but with far more action and no puzzles
    Maximo - the best 3d platformer on PS2
    FFX - RPG. If you don'y have it buy it straight away
    MGS 2 - Ditto for this appart from the RPG bit.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

GTA3 here too!

Also likes GT3, WRC and now VRally 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

thanks guys. i started this thread to get some sort of idea as to what game i should buy this weekend. i don't like the idea of spending a fortune on rentals to see what the games are like

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

What is that medal of honour game like ? I'm thinkinb about getting a P2 cause I wont be able to go out for like the next 2 weeks and be stuck in bed :(

I aint played a shooter game like that on console ever and cant imagine a game like that without a mouse (I played some version on the pc and it seemed pretty good)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

GTA3 is like my childern,except i love GTA3 slightly more.Thats how good it is:D
    Seriously though Mossy GTA3 is the game of games.You maythink its just quite good at first,as you sttart out with normal missions such as picking up prossies and delivering beatings.But it soon gets more compelling,and by the time you reach the Staunton Island you wont be able to put the game down it is so great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I haven't played that much for the PS2 so far, but out of what I have played the best one has been Final Fantasy X, I love that game.

I haven't been overly impressed with anything else tbh, MGS2 was disappointing, good gameplay, but the story was weak, and there was far too mich of it, and it turned into utter sh!te towards the end. I preferred GTA3 on the PC, Ico was very good, but not really compelling, Burnout is fun but not much more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Originally posted by damnyanks
    What is that medal of honour game like ? I'm thinkinb about getting a P2 cause I wont be able to go out for like the next 2 weeks and be stuck in bed :(

I aint played a shooter game like that on console ever and cant imagine a game like that without a mouse (I played some version on the pc and it seemed pretty good)

I only gave it the briefest of tries but being used to the PC I found the aiming system completetly rotten and it completetly ruined it for me.

K

Originally posted by irishbyte
    Also likes WRC

so do i now that i've bought it. it is brilliant and was bought for a great price of €30. i love the Platinum range :) thank you so much for mentioning it :)
    Originally posted by The Gopher
    Seriously though Mossy GTA3 is the game of games.

i'm well aware of the wonders of GTA3. my cousin had it but then his PS2 died (long story) so i've adopted the game for a while :D

i forgot to ask, is Crazy Taxi any good or is it another **** conversion

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The medal of honour game is very good. The aiming system is much more realistic than in pc shooters and takes some time getting used to but after about the 3rd level the nazis will be feeling the wrath of the dual shock controller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Yep, Medal of Honor is excellent. I don't play PC games so I can't compare the dual shock to a mouse but I found the aiming far better than the previous MoH games especially Underground. Have to say though that I was gutted to finish the game so quickly. :( Granted I played it on easy- and certain levels were still very hard.ie. Knights of Arnhem- but finished it in a few days. I didn't want it to end though. I thought it was superb!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Forgot to say: Max Payne is a class game, bit too short aswell but excellent!!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Mossy Monk

so do i now that i've bought it. it is brilliant and was bought for a great price of €30. i love the Platinum range :) thank you so much for mentioning it :)

No probs, Mossy. Pity I didn't wait a few months, then I'd have paid half for it! :( Tho the Platinum range is great. I got GT3 and it's good for 30 europeans! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Originally posted by Kalina
    Forgot to say: Max Payne is a class game, bit too short aswell but excellent!!

Ive said it before and Ill say it again-Max Payne sucks arse and is not to be touched with a 10 foot bargepole.The gameplay itself isnt bad-but you cant skip the introductory films at the beginning of each level,even if youve watched them in full before.Therefore you have to sit through the same 3 minutes of film on every level every time you play.Dont touch it.I was unfortunate enough to buy it but luckily they gave me my money back:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    i forgot to ask, is Crazy Taxi any good or is it another **** conversion

I think it's good fun its just a bit short. But it's a game you'll switch on for a quick 20 minute blast every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

FFX & Pro Evolution Soccer

thats all you need folks

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

GTA3 = TEH WIN
    Silent Hill 2 = Does exactly what it says on the box.

-Dark-Angel-

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

cant praise gta3 enuff.

devil may cry is excellent too, fast-action resident evil, very slick

Final Fantasy X i like but dont love, they give you no clues whatsoever on how to get the best stuff in the game (weapons etc.) you just have to go to really out of the way to places to stumble across them. and like all the other FF games, piss-easy until the last boss... just get VII if u dont have it already.

anyone know when tekken 4 is out?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭eire_insane

I found Tony Hawks 3 a bloody good game.Its a tad easy to finsih the game but the vs is the best with a couple of mates .Neary cleared all the missions in it though and only a a few hours played .Got to now clear it with every charcecter once i invert the high Wires in the cruise ship and airwalk over the esculators (which is bloody hard any body know how to do it)

Any how just to let you know Extravision is selling preplayed games for 35 euro a game and 60 euro for 2 games some good choices in it got TH3 and the likes of Max Payne etc .Got Th3 off them and it works fine it did not even seemed to be played at all!!

Anybody have gta3 for sale got to buy it now !!

O by the way Medal Of Honour Front Line is bloody class if you have the funds buy it but at 65 euro is too dear for me

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭mfield

I have Tekken 4 and I have to say it's a damn good game. GTA 3 is a great game but the game that I play the most is FIFA 2001, me and my mates play it non-stop it is by far the most played game I have.

mfield

Final Fantasy X is all u need :) + a healthy does of GTA3.
    ^^^^Class game but an aquired taste.

Advertisement