Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC versus Marvel??

Options
  • 16-07-2002 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

just curious as 2 what ppl think is a better company overall. I reckon MARVEL!! their characters are vastly superior to anything that DC has produced.Batman is a concieted spoiled rich kid whilst Superman is convinced of his own divine right to govern the earth!Spiderman is however far more "realistic" and a far better hero!one can relate to Peter Parker,occasional screw up as compared 2 the rich playboy Bruce Wayne!!plz share ur views on this ancient debate!!

Exclesior true believers
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

I have to say.. I am a DC head.. I find the art much better in DC comics (Or should I say more to my taste) and I do think they tend to repeat\labour the point a bit too much in the ole' Marvel stories (please ignore Superman from DC for the last point ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

DC of course,
    DC's art work seems darker and more evil than the bright colours of Marvel.
    DC's heroes have a much deeper mind than any offering from Marvel with Batman being a prime example of the deepness of his mind.
    Also you said Spider-Man is more "realistic", for Christ sakes Batman doesn't even have powers he is a normal man physically that can be beaten.

P.S I am not that big a fan of Supes he would be more suited to Marvel with his colouring and lack of a mission.
    I vote a swap DC gets Wolverine, Marvel gets Supes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Originally posted by D-Generate
    Also you said Spider-Man is more "realistic", for Christ sakes Batman doesn't even have powers he is a normal man physically that can be beaten.

Punisher or Nick Fury to name just 2 "normal" men who can physically be beaten.

But which is more realistic then? A cop who sees his family shot down and goes underground to hunt out badguys as a vigilanty, an ex war veteran who gets a commission as a top ranking goverment operative carrying out undercover missions, or a richboy who watched his parents killed and goes mental, impersonating a Bat and using his family fortune on gadgets and dressing young boys up in tights? hehehehe

Think about it......

• Advertisement

Yeah but he said Spider-Man was realistic, how? Besides being a teenager he is not normal.
    Granted Punisher may be more realistic than Batman but there are plenty other heroes in the DC universe that don't have powers. From Gotham/Blüdhaven Nightwing, Robin(Tim Drake), Huntress etc......
    One other thing that ticks me off about Marvel, especially the X-Men cartoon is the constant need to travel to another dimension, that really pisses me off :)

Yeah but that other Dimension Take Away food.....Mmmmmmm Mmmmmmm

Multidimensional transporter lickin' goooood!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

LOL.. To quote the man.. You sar, have offended my honour! I challange you to a Duel!

Comics at dawn!

Hehehehehhee

Fair enough - just don't spend all week camping outside my house in your VAN expecting to see me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Brian Bennette

Marvel or DC.

DC better Stories.

Marvel better Characters

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Elvish

Marvel better Characters DC better Stories.

I'd have to agree

I don't know.....I mean fair enough I haven't had THAT much exp with DC but a lot of the Marvel Story lines had me thinking......and thinking.....and thinking cause they give you somthing to think about.

I like that in a story not just plot.....I like to have to think - ones where they make you question something you once thought one way about but might now think another way. Y'know what I mean?

I know it's probably a bad example but the EarthX / Universe X series etc makes you think.....what happens next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭TetsuoHashimoto

Surely there are more than Just 2 major comics in the Western World?

You people mean to say all these characters Hulk, Spiderman, Superman, Judge Dred, Xman, Wolverine come from only Dc or Marvel?

Judge Dredd is from 2000AD.
    There are plenty of other comic publishers but most of them are either owned by DC or Marvel. Dark Horse and Vertigo are two other publishers.

Don't forget Image. You can't overlook Spawn now.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭BJJ

Dc for best character >>> Batman

Marvel for best Characters >>> X-men

Advertisement