Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sad story, need advice

Options
  • 16-07-2002 3:09pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

Okay, let me start from the beginning...

about a month ago maybe less, a friend of the family (neighbor) and her husband were having troubles, she told him she was leaving him after years of abouse. They have 3 chldren under the age of 14. She moved out, the husband follwed her to work one day, got out of his car at a stop light and shot her in the head close range and drove away back to thier house...he must have thought he killed her...the bullet went in and out passed through her jaw and broke it, she had her mouth wired shut for a couple of weeks and is just fine. She got him out of jail just this past thursday, I am told because she was going to try and work things out and the children missed him...then friday morning as I was at my dad's house (normally I'd be at work but strange things happened so I wasnt there and ened up at my dad's) sitting at the computer and I heard her, the wife, our friend, screaming on her front porch to her brothre down a few houses from us...screaming these words...hurry, hurry he hung himself, he hung himself in the basement, he's dead
    I ran down the stairs and grabbed my grandmother, she hadnt heard, she was in the kitchen cooking, we ran to the front of the house and saw the little boys crying and heard the wailing from inside...the emergency crew arrived shortley after, everyone went over to try and calm them,and console them, it was horrible. They have 3 boys, the oldest and I have always had a bit of a friendly bond, not sure why, but I was told he hadnt been talking since, I went to the funeral and found him sitting alone away from everyone outside and I hugged him...I couldnt find the words except to say that everything would be okay...he said, ...he didnt have to do that...I couldnt say anything but he reached for my words, I feel the need to be there for him, I think he will talk to me and I need to get to him before the move as they are selling the house,
    Is this something I should do or should I keep my distance and let the family work it out? I really feel like I should atleast let him know I am there for him, It keeps bothering me, I really am worried about him, what's the opinion out there?
    there is more to that story about the family backround but this is the immediate situation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Sorry, I don't have time to read this properly right now, will read more later...

Are you trying to say - "Shall I let a friend of mine know that I am there for him?"

I say yes, absolutely. If you feel you have no helping words... it'd ok, just be there, sometimes it's great to have someone listen and have a shoulder to cry on

Sorry if I misread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

If you think you can help do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Be careful that you don't get to deep into the situation. Its best that you let the friend know that your around if he needs you, but don't be around him all the time. He'll probably need a lot of time alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Be there, but realise that merely being there is the most important (first) step. The situation is FUBARed and there is only so much you can do.

Advertisement