Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any 40k players in Dublin

Options
  • 16-07-2002 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting back into 40k soon and will probley be going for a Necron army.Just wondering how many Dub players there are and what size force they have :)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

sniff....
    a tear of nostalgia rolls down my cheek as i remenice of the days gone by when my space wolves army romped across the war torn battlefield pumping out shell after shell from their bolt guns, plasma cannons and rocket launchers. The memory of cackling satisfaction when frag and krak grenades rent the opposing army to shreds.

The ancient image of NJal Stormcaller standing atop a hill framed by a background of evil couds and a lightning filled night sky enters my memory, as he calls upon the mighty powers of Russ to send the fear of hell into the enemy ranks

Ragnar Blackmane leaps down from the ruined shell of a Lemann Russ Battletank and unleashes a mighty roar as he tears a whole unit of orks to pieces with his bare hands....

yes its been about 2 years now, their all jumbled up in a box, the paint-scheme destroyed, the mighty predator's and rhinos engines lie silent in the timelessness of a forgotten hobby.

Mighty guns are muted by the thick carpet of dust that has built up over the years, stirred only by the occasional breeze when someone enters the attic that was once the setting for some of the mightiest battles ever fought in the 40K universe.

sniff sniff, i miss it....

Oh yeah,

almost forgot,

Im in Balbriggan,
    I have Spacewolves, about 2000 points painted, id have more, but there are unpainted unit's.:D

and like i said, no1 around me plays any more :rolleyes:
    i guess were too old? 25 now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by Morphéus

and like i said, no1 around me plays any more :rolleyes:
    i guess were too old? 25 now. :(

NEVER TOO OLD :D

I'm a wolfie-boy (Space Wolves). And a pointy-eared eldar type. ANd soon to be Imperial-Guard (themed on band-of-brothers - the Imperial 101st Skyborne :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Defenistrator

why don't you hang around the GWS in dublin, sure you will find some unexpecting victims there. Although I must say, hanging around the toy shop inviting 13-14 year old kids back to your house to play with yer toys might get you some unwanted attention.....

I lost my anorak a long long time ago!! :)

Besides the peeps who hang around there all day... well they frighten me!!!

It used to be a novelty to go in and purchase stuff there tho, but now id go in and cringe because i know deep down inside me, im fighting to control the urge to jump into battle with em!!

Im a closet Geek!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Bah 25 being too old!! I've a few mates in their 30's who still play. Of course what you hear most of the time is, "I remember back when Rouge Trader was around, now that was a game, not this dumbed down kiddie malarcky"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Hell I remember when WFB was on its 2nd edition and you could buy minitures for 50p each in the Diceman games shop in town :)

When White Dwarf covered mostly other companies games like Paranioa,D&D and Call of Cluthu.

I remember Trud the barbarian and Gook the goblin.

Old school,old school ! Your not allowed use the word old school mate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

and lets not forget

Oi! Dats my Leg - the Trollish Game of Bodybuilding

A classic without doubt.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Originally posted by Venom
    Hell I remember when WFB was on its 2nd edition and you could buy minitures for 50p each in the Diceman games shop in town :)

When White Dwarf covered mostly other companies games like Paranioa,D&D and Call of Cluthu.

I remember Trud the barbarian and Gook the goblin.

Old school,old school ! Your not allowed use the word old school mate :)

I bow my head in respect to someone with a much longer addiction to GW products then I have. :)

That said try explaining to a kid nowadays that fantasy didn't always come in a lovely big box that you could never carry back home easily!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭mrblue

Anyone remember the original 40k rulebook? Stuffed with weird sh*t from cover to cover it read like a Sci-Fi fans acid trip. Which it probably was...

The best bit was the space faring orangotangs with their highly advanced craft but tendancy to hump each other at inapropriate moments. Sigh...

-I have killed a man, a man who looked like me-

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

They were called the Joeako or something like that.

And yes the original game,Rogue Trader totaly rocked.

Advertisement