Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Accommodation in Dublin (student)

Options
  • 16-07-2002 9:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

Moving there soon, so please feel free to scare me with the costs ahead of me.

I want to know how much i will pay initially, deposit etc for a single room and how much per month just for Acc as i assume all household bills are extra.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

depends where u want to live.
    if its city center, close to the city center or on the dart line expect to pay through the nose.
    best bet is to have a look at daft.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

One piece of advice.....

Get yourself organised now. Closer it gets to September the more impossible it will be to get anywhere at all.

Look at daft.ie and check out evening herald etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by Scruff
    expect to pay through the nose.

Can you define that for me?
    The average seems to be €400 a month so "through the nose" is above this i guess.

I have been offered a single room for €50 a week and the house it located very near DCU kevin street, which is obviously an excellent deal, but many loose ends at the moment.

Anyways..thanks for the pointers guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

and the house it located very near DCU kevin street

Sorry, just one thing.....DCU isnt on Kevin St. It would be DIT on Kevin St. Dont know what college u are going to, and if u are going to DCU dont want u finding out you are a few miles away when u are thinking its a short walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,333 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Expect to spend €350-€500, unless you are willing to share a room (this assumes you are in a 2 or 3 bed property). Nearly everywhere insists on a deposit equal to one month's rent, i.e. you will need two months rent as, or before, you move in. Most places are semi-furnished, i.e. you get beds, wardrobes, chairs, tables, sofas. You will need to enquire as to whether there is things like a microwave, TV, washing machine, dish washer.
    Typical bills vary depending on the property and the amount of people sharing, but these would be typical values.

ntl - €15.63 per month, per connection (basic 15 channels) http://www.ntl.com/locales/ie/en/athome/tvp_dublin%20euro.html
    Gas - €15 to €50 per month, per household (highest in winter) www.bordgais.ie
    ESB - €15 to €50 per month, per household (highest in winter) www.esb.ie
    phone - quite variable, but do take the rental into consideration www.eircom.ie
    refuse collection, €90 to €250 per year, per household http://www.dublincity.ie/

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement