Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello from .. um..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

HI !!!
    /me waves at trojan.

- What's this now?™ -

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

SHHHHHH.....

/me gives DeadSanta the finger

John

BRING OUT THE GIMP!!!

/me throws Lump his rubber mask

- What's this now?™ -

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Howyiz lads, cheers Deado! smile.gif

Was in Roswell yesterday after Socorro, stopped in Odessa, TX for the evening (crap town, just oil refineries an crap. Roswell was good, but it's more of an "Alien C ash Site" typos intended. Interesting to see the UFO museum/research centre smile.gif

Now in Dallas, heading in for a pint in Green Elm.

It's dark outside but still 91F bloody hell!

Off to the Kennedy Space Centre in Houston tomorrow, after that off towards New Orleans.

We hit the 2000 mile mark today outside Dallas-Fort Worth.

So far we've seen Universal Studios in Hollywood, the Strip in Las Vegas, done an air flight over the Grand Canyon, seen Carlsbad Caverns, and been in Roswell. Not bad for 7 days work! smile.gif

Gonna take it easy in New Orleans for a coupla days.

oh, yeah, if anyone is doing a road trip over here *MAKE SURE* to pick up "Traveller" free magazine, it's in most Denny's and McD's - it's got free coupons for loads of motels, it's been invaluable to us.

ok, take it handy!!

Al.

PS Not all americans are stupid! They must ship the stupid ones our way... frown.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

ppl i can't say this enough
    if u are on holiday

GET OFF THE NET

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Any "strange occurences" in Roswell? Any bright lights in the sky, strange noises?
    hehe i love that **** man...

.logic.

Uh, ppl, I can't say this enough, but keep yer noses outta other ppls business!

But seriously, this is a holiday: I can and will do what I want. As it is, email is about 1000 times cheaper way to communicate with my family than phones are from here, so no - I won't get off the damn NET smile.gif

I'm not sorry if you have a problem with that - it's your problem. smile.gif

What idiot is going around telling people that web & email is for work purposes only? frown.gif

Any other questions? smile.gif

Al enjoying the Texas sun smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Trojan (edited 22-08-2000).]

Oh oh, I have a question!
    I just want to get some suggestions for a theory I have - 'Dennys attracts the weirdos at night.'
    Check in on it at 1am, it'll be empty, but there'll be at least one weirdo there, I'm sure of it!
    Al enjoying the Texas sun
    Ugh, sun - bright light - heat ... what's wrong with you man? I thought you used computers... :[

- What's this now?™ -

[This message has been edited by Dead{o}Santa (edited 22-08-2000).]

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Travel is cool

Originally posted by Dead{o}Santa:
    Oh oh, I have a question!
    I just want to get some suggestions for a theory I have - 'Dennys attracts the weirdos at night.'
    Check in on it at 1am, it'll be empty, but there'll be at least one weirdo there, I'm sure of it!

rotflmao smile.gif ok, can do. Will provide results in the post...

Ugh, sun - bright light - heat ... what's wrong with you man? I thought you used computers... :[

Err, we drove past Compaq in Houston, does that count? smile.gif

Boss - you're dead right - travel is great - but 3 days in Texas is 3 days too many! Damn oppressive, it's like being in some fundamentalist state or something, I felt more safe in Old Delhi Railway station (not a safe place).

Anyways Lousiana is great, we're up over in New Orleans now, going to stop over a coupla days.

Take it handy,

Al.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Al - make sure they're opening the post for ya in Glenhest - Karen got word that she's got the place in Galway (the college housing) and she said that you need to reply in jig time to make sure that you get it - Tell Pauline or Joe to send the cheque!
    wink.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

Cheers Dav, have done! The guy emailed me anyways, he's sound enough.

New Orleans is like Dublin, people here are drinking all day, everyday! Mad smile.gif

Going for a steam boat cruise later...

Thanks, regards to Al & Mac!

Alo.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I dont mean to be rude now, but how much does a holiday like this cost ? I was thinking of 'doing america' when I finish school next year or so.

It's about a society in freefall....

I reckon 3 grand would cover it nicely.
    Depending on what you want to do, and what your standards of accomodation are.

[+_+] <--- omg!! it's a lego man!!!™

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Sucky Sucky Fi Dollah......... My father traveled america for a few months, like 6 I think, cost him a few grand. About 5000 like santa says it depends what accomadation you want. Although if you stay in youth hostels that end of it would be cheap, and if you cook your own food, sure the most expensive thing then will be to get in to the sites to see.

John

Hey there, now in Florida, near Panama City, still trying to recover from 3 days in New Orleans! If you're coming over here make sure that you plan a few days there!

Flights were £560, EI/BA via London. It's costing about $20 - 25 a night for accomadation.

Hiring a car is a little expensive, if you have friends/relatives over here check out if they know of any cars for sale, you could pick up something to get you across the country & resell it.

New Orleans is expensive cos you'll end up drinking all day every day. Great place though!! smile.gif

Rightio, out to enjoy the Florida storms...

Al.

Advertisement