Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning guitar

Options
  • 14-07-2002 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Myself and a friend are looking to take lessons for electric and acoustic guitar. Does anybody know any good places to go for lessons in the Dublin area??

Any help is appreciated,

thanks.

}:>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Jaicster

Well i can't really help as i never took any lessons
    (I'm hardcore and can't play :P )
    Any way whip out your phone book or call 11811 and look/ask for music schools/ guitar teachers in your area,
    Now they'll most likely start u out on a spanish guitar then you'll move on to a westren or something (still acoustic), then you'll be done with that and move on to an eletric guitar and should be able to play quite well,

If your not too serious get any guitar u want get some1 to teach you the basics, and then use the tab sites to learn songs (their not always right but u can fix em)

Anyway to become really good at guitar u have to be a loser a stay in and praccy all the time (this is why i'm no good) anyway once you reach a certain level you just get it and keep it like riding a bike :/

Try and praccy for fun not to become really good play because you want to.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Try Waltons(Yep the music shop) school of music.Supposed to be quite good and cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

DO NOT GO TO WALTONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i go to The James Foy School Of Guitar, in bel canto house in north great georges st.

It really depends wat type of guitar u want to play, classical, rock, blues etc.....

[ps. waltons r muck, and eh... RUBBISH ,YEAH!!!]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Use the Internet, like me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Well I'm basically looking to learn rock, maybe a little bit of the others too.

I've been teaching myself for a long-time now out of books and the net etc. but I want to get a teacher as I think it'll benefit me...

thanks for the advice people...

}:>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 babyjesus

i rang the james foy school and they quoted me 800 euro which you can't even pay in installments!!!
    holy jesus!

Advertisement