Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I wuv my job

Options
  • 06-06-2000 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭

And that scares me. Anybody else actually enjoy their job? Or is it all about putting it to DA MAN?

WUSSAT?? WHO'S "DA MAN?" WUSSAT???

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

What'chu do Amp?
    I'd like a job I er... like

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i like my job

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I like my job but I wouldn't say that I wuv it..

Alo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I like my job... in fact I like it a bloody lot... a little more so, since my review yesterday... heh heh...

still wouldn't say I "love" it though, - that word is reserved for 'other things'...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I program. Not my first choice of career,did a conversion course in CS. Still to quote Terry Pratchett, "Its indoor work with no heavy lifting".
    Good and bad points, among the latter today having 4 weeks work disgarded as it now cannont fit into the new Design Spec.
    And I didn't even start swearing till after work. frown.gif **********************************************************************************

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

in my current job...

I am surrounded by many beautiful women.

I'd say I like it smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

only recently have i gained a new found respect for my job as the pixie that works here is damn fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

where do you work? The north pole smile.gif

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

they have pixies on the north pole aswell??
    wh00t i'm there

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I luv my job. That's why I'm in work on a sunday. frown.gif

on the other hand...

I remember an old boss saying to me one time..

"Phhh, see those guys! they wouldn't know real work if it hit them. Look at them, getting paid three times more then you and working half the hours. You wouldn't enjoy that at all."

It was this little pep talk that helped me leave that job. biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 11-06-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

My job is fairly class.As a 2nd year co-op student from UL I managed to somehow swing getting the best paid and experience wise IT job out of my class of 200-ish, even though I'm the biggest doser known to man kind.

I have a my own pc, 21 inch monitor, answering machine, heaps of mp3's, as much coke as I want and I'm in Germany!

And I'm still 18, although my b-day is next Tuesday the 20th, so I'm fretting that I won't be able to type with the arthritus when I hit the big day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

I don't consider what I do as work. It's more like getting well paid for indulging in my hobby, i.e. playing with technology.
    Have 400mhz laptop, 550mhz desktop. Coming next week for evaluation 650mhz laptop 750mhz desktop. External DVD (Technet only comes on DVD now, heh heh heh) and external cdrw. Oh yeah not to mention the 45mb internet conn, d/ls at 6sec per m/b from a fast server. Oh yeah and fug all work to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I WUVC me L33t Job pùmping Octane 95 Petrol. OK OK I´m 17 FFS. Also Logic, I wouldn´t call AOL Tech support a job :P

John

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Lad PRAY that you never have to do tech support... it's a concept spewed straight from the bowels of the Devil himself. Log1c, you have our sympathy smile.gif and BTW, did u know a lad called Ray Doyle? (also AOL tech supp)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

canaboid.
    45mbit connection.
    in ireland?
    where?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

if u want to talk about lan/intranet connection i was on a 30gb switch last week smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

standing on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by Sico:
    Lad PRAY that you never have to do tech support... it's a concept spewed straight from the bowels of the Devil himself. Log1c, you have our sympathy smile.gif and BTW, did u know a lad called Ray Doyle? (also AOL tech supp)

I think everyone should be forced to do Tech Support for a short while. It shows you ingenious the human spirit is at screwing even the most simple thing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yep, some realy fond memories of hell... er I mean Tech Support.
    Still, makes you appreciate not having to talk to abusive morons for 11 straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Kali,

Working for Worldcom.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

kali

standing on a switch is the best way to get high speed performace, its something to do with teh earth gravitational pull.

wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

I love my job even more now that they've moved me up to the IS department smile.gif

Its pretty much along the same lines as Canaboid's except that it's on the top floor of one of Dublin's tallest buildings smile.gif

...and the beautiful women dont seem to be far away either.

*yawn* next week i get to take away several people's NT administrator privelages smile.gif

Ray Doyle, doesn't ring a bell.. he probably worked in the dublin call centre which AOL closed and shafted every employee there...

maybe i shouldn't make this post from my work pc lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I like my job too but wouldn't go as far to say as I love it. I hate getting up at 7:10am in the morning, I hate been stuck in traffic on the way home, I love the way I can wear what the hell I want, go for a smoke any time I want, grab a coffee any time I want, arrive in work late the odd time and not be told off blah blah. There's good points and bad points, I'd rather be working then be unemployed and bored out of my tree and the plus side, I get to go out and get drunk on the weekend and not have to worry if I have enough money for another drink or a taxi home. Such is life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Karla

I work in an offy biggrin.gif

yes it's pretty cool biggrin.gif

but I'm leaving soon to do Tech Support, just for a while maybe....

Oh yeah I got the Dell job BTW smile.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I wuv my job.

I came from a sh1t job in a call centre as a technician and was not allowed to do as I needed/wanted. The manager was a (unt0r and I told her so at my exit interview.

I'm currenty doing web dev stuff - I've always wanted to do it since I fired together my first crappy web-page back in first year of college. At this present moment in time, I'm delving into ht wonderful world of WAP and the likes. All very new to me, but not half bad at all!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I wuv my job, most days.
    I wuv working in the office tho, its kinda funky if a little cramped.

DeV.

hey,
    i could be off to rome/milan for 3 months with work,
    beat that smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I like what I'm doing, I love C and I get to do some assembler every so often, and of course there's the obilitory messing with JCL that everyone loves so much...

On the downside, I'm doing loads of porting and maintenance, and haven't gotten to develop anything new, so I'm not actually coding my own stuff often frown.gif

Anyone here commute on the trains?
    The Drogheda line even? Let's go and quad rock those bastárds back to work!! smile.gif

I go from Donabate to Blackrock, on a good day with no strikes (uncommon, I know) it only take's around 50 mins which is pretty darn good from Nth County to southside. Try that in a car!

Al.

• Advertisement
Advertisement