Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

In America: and I don't wuv my job one bit

Options
  • 29-06-2000 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

Well as the subject suggests I'm a somewhat disgruntled employee, don't get me wrong my bosses are nice it's just that the job is soooooooooooooooo boring that I'm starting to know what it's like to go postal. But anyway since most people who read these boards are into computing and may or may not have been to America I was just wondering if anyone has any leads on where I could get a job doing computer work, I'm in Ocean City New Jersey in a nice little apartment so if you know of a job near there it would be much better but all positions will be considered, that's if you know of any at all though. Ah well stupid library is kicking me off now so cheerio.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Do they have computers in New Jersey?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hmm, since you post here i'll assume you have internet access.
    if you have internet access, i'll assume you are able to read job pages.
    if you can read jobs pages, i'll assume you havent looked at them as youve posted here.

why dont you go and search the web for a job you lazy scum bag smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

I think you should look at this site.

You can select what state you want a job in and what profession. Try it, it won't kill'ya smile.gif
    http://www.dice.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Ocean City!

Ugh pretty place ..but isn't that a Dry town?

If you want a fun job, get out of Computing.
    Go to a resort town - have fun .. it's outdoors etc.

JAK.

Try Wildwood.

[This message has been edited by Jak (edited 29-06-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jm754

Why don't you move to Denver!

It's the new Silicon Valley.

There are over 10,000 IT jobs waiting to be filled. And the pay is better than the East or West Coast's.

Otherwise call Teksystems in NJ. They get you local contract work, with good pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Well ta lads, looking stuff up this instant but I know at least one of the people who read these boards knows someone who was in Ocean City at one point so thats why I posted my message. And yes OC is a dry town but I ain't 21 for another 3 weeks so its no skin off my nose (yet). And anyway I am working outdoors, kinda, and OC is a resort town (a dry resort town), but my job is also weather permitting and at the moment weather is not very permitting so I am bored out of my brains.

Ta again
    Slan abhaile

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

I'm chicago and i love my job, pay could be better, getting 9 an hour but i do nothing so i care not , thank god for net access else i'd be going mental...

cable modem install today at this moment hopefully...

later..

Ro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

*******!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

F*ck!... I'd take any job that'd pay the rent/grocery bill/etc. and keep me in America!

Bard

home page

Advertisement