Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aptitude tests

Options
  • 18-06-2000 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭

hey,
    girlfriend is going to take an aptitude test ( programming ) for BOI soon. Anybody have any experience fo these test.. know what sort of thing comes up ? know of any free aptitude test on the net she can practise off.. I know that's it's aptitude and you shouldn't need to practise.. but it's more to give her a bit of confidence than anything else.

Cheers
    Gav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Aptitude tests are normally to test the level of affinity to the subject rather then your actual knowledge of the subject.

So at a guess it would be formulas or common sense questions. May not nessary be code involved.

I've had to write a aptitude test before (for a job position I needed filled). The first question I made technical to see if the person was capable of writing the logic behind a description of what was wanted by the imaginary customer (who wouldn't have a technical clue).

The rest of the questions were pieces of various code snippets and the person had to describe what the code was doing or what was wrong. A lot of the code was Hardware related to specfic machines, so knowing the code wasn't the objective. The test was to see if someone could look at code and guess what it was doing or what was wrong as most of the times a lot of the machines never came with manuals (or English manuals).

This doesn't mean that's what the test is going to be like though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

i had an aptitude test for my job, (telecoms)

4 parts

1/ read a piece of text and say whether statements were true, false, neither or couldn't tell

2/ given a set of grammer/code rules ( like you can't have a ! followed by number), again say which pieces of code are allowed

3/ given a set of curcuit diagrams with inputs and an incorrect output say which of the AND, OR, XOR, NAND gates are broken.

4/ given a sequence of coloured shapes, apply function to them, (eg blue square doubled equals yellow circle)

all multi choice
    all against the clock
    all negativly marked
    all pretty easy (imho)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Thanks for all the replies guys !

Gav

Advertisement