Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst job you ever had?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Ok so I've only had 2 jobs, but it has to be DUNNES STORES. Bah. I know all there is to know about petfoods and driving forklifts without training or permission wink.gif

- Munch
    - Visit The Fortress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Big Red

How's about mopping **** down off a bathroom wall and then having to remove the soiled jox from beside the toilet. Pretty rank I think you'll find :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

beats being a cum-cleaner-upper in a sex booth in new york i suppose smile.gif

not that id know anything about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Indeed. You'd left the booth long before the cleaner-upper got there tongue.gif

working in bookies...

talk about depressing seing ppl come in and just throw their dole money aver the counter and then seeing them cry when theyve spent all of their weekly allowance on dogs and horses

• Advertisement

Generally it was grand, but when I was doing me work experience in college i was out in a medical company in Santry. They used to sometimes give me really $hite things to do, the worst ever being sticking white labels on top of sample container lids smile.gif i only had to do 15,000 of them so i supposed it wasnt too bad.

/me shoots self

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Porting someone elses code, most definitely. Beats software testing by a long shot.

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The worst has to be working in a chip shop. Every drunk gob****e thinking he owns the place and thinks your a moron staring gormlessly over the counter at you.

"ips and urry"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

doing work experience in esb international.

they made me take out every single box of records, going back about 30-40 years, from this room, and stack them (in order) in an office upstairs. It got quite irritating after the 20th trip smile.gif

stay away from that place..far away smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

going to work anywhere when you know more then your boss dose . that bites happened to me a cople of times . and god its annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Thrasher

I worked for this guy once who was screwing everyone around.... when people called, he asked his secretary to answer it, and he would listen in. He was a sly b*stard and treated the two women in the office like sh!t. In the end, I blew my top and gave him hell and told him where to go. That was the first and last time I ever did, but it was worth it. The funny thing was, he rang back two days later after I ate the head off him, and begged me to come bad. Sad, sad, sad. Of course I felt great, but sad, sad, sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

working in HP has to be the worst thing anyone can do, you sit here for ages doing nothing and when you do have to do something it takes about 2 min to do and then back to nothing for a few hours. also i'm not ment to be on the computers be couse i'm adecco staff (we do the same jod as the HP staff but with out sick day pay and with out logons to the computers)

ps... i know you are all wondering how if i dont have access to the computers, are my typing this.(i stoled someones logon and password)hehehehehe

i thought you were applying for a new job?
    wats the story on that?

I went to cpl and got an interview last friday. (didn't go the best) anywho I'm still waighting to hear back from the place(cognotec)

I might have another interview soon for a company called ITG, I'll be contracted out to a bank to work on the IT Help desk (is this any good work? Does anyone have any info on ITG?)
    any info on ITG would be a great help.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Aren't ITG a payphone company?

- Munch
    - Visit The Fortress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Working in a niteclub rox!!
    You get 50 ppl screaming at you for drinks.
    You are soaked in alcaholic drinks.
    The music so soo incredibly loud.
    The lighting is epileptic inducing stuff.
    After this you get to clean up the mess (including vomit *and* the toilets)

But you get to stare at half naked women and nick as much as you can drink smile.gif

well didn't gat the job in cognotec sad.gif and I'm still waighting to hear from ITG.

(if anyone knows of jobs going at there places of business, could you please get on to me?) smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

What is your position in HP, why do you get to sit around on your ar$e doing nothing?
    I want a job like that, I'm sick of being so busy! sad.gif
    I'll just bring in a laptop and play AOE2 for 5 hours...

trust me you dont want this job.
    I cant use the comps sad.gif (no logon)
    I make plastic bags that go into inkcarts all day for 12 hours a day, I work shift and I only get paied for what I work, ie..NO SICK DAY PAY (I don't get payed this week becouse I was in interviews on my working days last week sad.gif

so trust me Dead{o}Santa you don't whant this job. (the pays not the best as well some weeks you only make 190 after tax)

• Advertisement

Well even though I do 11-hour shifts, at least I get to send filthy email and play Quake2 in work smile.gif

ahh dead-o, thiose were the days.
    now i just have to do NT admining anf stuff smile.gif

and sutty, believe me, ive been in the production line..i know what its like
    i spent 2 and ahalf years making simms for nec and then a year and a half being a logistics operator in IBM.
    try and get your self a tech support job like i did, six months later you can actually get a decent job with some sort of prospects ahead.
    however, you will prolly have to take a pay cut. i dropped 5 and a half grand a year to get into tech support from produsction, but its worth it coz in a year or 2 i'll prolly be earning about 25 grand, and still have my weekends free and not have to work til 8 in the morning on a saturday and sunday..unlike dead-o smile.gif

Your Imps Demand cable....

Oh I don't mind so much...
    [1]. Daylight hurts my eyes.
    [2]. Pubs are great fun at 8:30am (ah good 'oul early-house, kip *ahem*)
    [3]. I get to watch all that great late-night programming on UTV.
    [4]. Sometimes I get to see The Big-Breakfast when I get home.
    [5]. I try sleeping while the peeps from the corpo dig up the road outside.
    [6]. I live in eternal darkness.

Jealous?

Dead I feel your pain.

wwman I'm trying but as of yet have had no luck. I don't mind the pay cut as I dont pay that much for bills about 40 a week and then my esat bill and thats it.
    but if you hear anything about jobs going where you work would you send me a mail.(that goes for every one. please help me)

IBM are always looking for ppl to torture on their support lines.
    I'm leaving soon, so somebody better post an opening soon smile.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

wtf do u do dead????
    soon the nick will be more apt than imagined smile.gif

hes doing my old job
    hahahahahahaahahahahaha
    tech support on the american consumer line
    ie gimps with too much money and no computer experience who phone up and ask why their 2nd cd rom isnt there and then you tell them to open the panel at the front of the machine and they go 'oh, noone told me that was there. why dont ibm have anything that told me that was there. i could sue ibm you know for not telling me its there'
    and you say fu<k off you stupid american and get a life and rtfm
    and they say rtfm?
    and you say yea, read the fu<king manual muppet boy

ahh, the personal touch that you obviously cultivated in tech support smile.gif

may I refer you to CT's Book of Quotes, Vol. 3, 'The Public Are Scum!!'

indeed.
    thank you mr troy
    the public are indeed 'scum'
    smile.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement