Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian References in Seinfeld

Options
  • 05-07-2002 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey, I saw the Irish thread like this, so I decided to add some about my own home country.

Jerry tries to give his football tickets to Kramer, but he's "only interested in Canadian football". (and with good cause)

GEORGE: Great news!
    JERRY: You finally got someone to take that Canadian quarter?

and

Elaine gets evicted (I think) for putting Canadian quarters into her building's laundromat.

Elaine and Jerry discuss whether The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald was sung by Gordon Lightfoot or the other way around (Gordon Lightfoot's Canadian).

Superman was created by a Canadian named Joe Shuster.

Poppie's famous duck is flown in from Newfoundland.

(I could mention Canadian guest stars, but I like to stick to just Canadian references.)

Any more?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Originally posted by bob_sacamano
    Jerry tries to give his football tickets to Kramer, but he's "only interested in Canadian football". (and with good cause)

What with 5 downs and odd rules :p !!

--
    Jees you've caught me on the hop here Bob.
    Cant think of any off hand although I do remeber the ones you've mentioned especially Elaines one. I think she "buzzed" in a jewel thief as well !!

Maybe Smuckers will know some :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

mnnn that could be all of them but I'll try and put my thinking cap into top gear and if I think of one I'll get back to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Kramer wants Canadian Parliament taped in The Blood.

Elaine: Because if I don't get this guy on a plane to Seattle and out of my life i'm gonna kill him and anyone who tries to stop me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bob_sacamano

I'll have you know there's 4 downs, and our balls are bigger (our regulation footballs of course.)

Thanks for that reference, Smuckers. I don't remember that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Its been ages since I've seen it. I know they have 12 players anywhere and you can return a field goal attempt.
    In fairness, the ball is in play alot more than than in the NFL :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement