Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shakey Window - Very Odd....

Options
  • 02-07-2002 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

In the last few days I've noticed that my monitor screen image is
    shaking and shifting slightly on a ramdom basis, is this the first sign my monitor is on its last legs? (its about 6 years old).

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Could possably be a microwave or mobile phone in the next room?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

I hate to say it but monitors don't last forever, and it may be that your monitor is indeed on it's last legs. But then again it could be simply interference from somewhere else.

One thing to note is that you put more strain on a monitor with a higher resolution. Try reducing the res, and see does this rectify the problem. If it does then your monitor is deteriorating from old age, and keep the res down, to try and get a bit more out of it, if your strapped for cash.

;-phobos-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Or you could have a dose of yaha.e...

http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/yaha_e.shtml

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

FFS, there's a virus for every occasion! :mad:

I'm pretty sure its not that however, I scan my disks with anti-virus software on a regualr basis and also today it has'nt
    budged, I changed the refresh rate which was rather low and
    its been fine since. Hopefully thats that.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I had a similar problem with a 17" sony and by moving my sub woofer speakers a few feet further AWAY from the monitor, all problems dissapeared all bouncing/erratic behaviour stopped dead in it's tracks..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Yes, if you've got cheap a$s speakers that aren't shielded properly, can lead to the shakey window scenario.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just an update..after I re-set the refresh rate I thought I'd solved the problem but had'nt as a few days later the shakes started but then they stopped and I have'nt had them since. Needless
    to say I have'nt done anything to make any difference so I'm wondering if my DIY mad neighbour was using some gear that
    caused interference. Or maybe it just "fixed" itself, are'nt PCs maddening like that!

Mike.

Advertisement