Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sftp protocol

Options
  • 01-07-2002 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Anyone know anything about the sFTP/scp Protocol or where I can get documentation on it.

I have a program to write which will require a secure connection, and I can't find any documentation on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

it uses ssh. so once you install ssh on a box you can type man sftp or man scp and ull find info on it and links at the bottom of the manpage.

also try the programming board if you havent already. one program that uses scp is called WinSCP. its a nice scp based windows app :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 aolXFT

Yeah I might check out, some of the sources, some of them might be a giveaway as to how the thing works. I might even be able to adapt one of them to my needs.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

http://www.openssh.com/manual.html

What are you trying to secure, exactly? The source is quite readable if you're going that route, with a little OVERVIEW file that explains what does what (for the most part).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 aolXFT

I'm trying to write an sFTP script in PHP, so You can transfare files securely, over a browser based connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭spod

The Secure Shell (secsh) ietf working group have some decent documents on the ssh protocol.

http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/secsh-charter.html

--

doh!

that's all linked quite nicely from the openssh page ecksor linked. oh well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭quinta

have you tried scp which comes as part of the ssh protocol. This can be easily scripted.

Advertisement