Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#nwn.ie

Options
  • 28-06-2002 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

We've got a channel on quakenet now

So pop in and put your feet up, it'll be a bit more useful once the servers are up and running.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Sweet :) Going into today to see if I can snag a copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Neverwinter nights server running on games2

I've set it up as a 20 player server for now, and will increase it later if all goes well.

Server currently is called Emerald Isles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Woooooooo! Server up already? Skillz Rev. ;)

Gonna pick this up monday...might not play online 'till I get somewhere far in the single player. What maps are the server running? Custom made or just the single player campaign?

The server is currently running chapter1

Theres some stablity issues, so hopefully they'll get sortted soon.

As for what will be run on it I'd prefer to do some custom stuff.
    If theres enough take up I'll start a second linked server.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Woohoo, go rev, the single player isn't as interesting as I had hoped but maybe I just havn't gotten into it yet, I've got high hopes for the multiplayer :)

• Advertisement

I have to say I like NWN. I'm currently on chapter 2 (Chapter 1 is huuuge).

I can see a possible PK server based game (one or more groups go into a dungeon to kill each other) as well as IRC "with weapons" type servers appearing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Rev. if you want to get to work on a custom scenario, give me a shout. I've already made an outline for a PK enabled persistent state world for NWN (hehe, anyone who plays my weekly 3e game is probably groaning and feeling ill, yes lads, the torture is going digital! :) ), but, not having the game yet (should be hoarding it soon) I've only done the notes from a D&D 3e POV.

Hobbes: there's already a custom module out for a 4 team PK server module. Sounds like fun, depends on the layout of the arena though.

I'm thinking of putting a second server up with the 'Team DM' module.

So is that 20 people allowed on at any given time? Or is it like Terminus and only a set amount of people with x amount of accounts?

Also can you's split up? or are you all trapped in the same zone?

20 people on at a time, as many account as you fancy. Although now that the DOD server has gone bye bye I might up the player count or start a second linked one.

you can split up, the server allows multiple parties and is set up for PvP (although a lot of chapter 1 is non-pvp), but once we get a custom module going there'll be far more pvp areas. I've got a thief I want to reintroduce :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

whats the address? I couldnt find it last night ingame.

Server doesnt come up in the ingame browser, so unlike the DOD one we dont have any smelly foreigners :)

direct connect to games2.iol.ie

The servers moved onto Chapter 2 as of yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

either its down or i need to put in a port number?
    It couldnt find the server.

Do i need the password?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

It crashes alot :/

Yep its does crash quite a bit, the server shoudl restart itself for now.

Advertisement