Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fan Scripts

Options
  • 27-06-2002 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever attempted to write a Sein Script? I did attempt one around 3 years ago but I didn’t get far, perhaps I should do some research in my book(if I’ll ever get it back) golden rule never loan someone something when you know they’ll never give it back. How to Write a Sitcom, There is a tape and book called Peter Mehlman Writing Seinfeld style.
    I did have a few ideas here were a few.

Jer dates a a girl but he discovers that he in fact is Newmans sister
    George meets the girl of his dreams who in fact an architect
    Kramer gets the fetish of dimly lit rooms and he eventually reduces the whole level of lighting in his building.
    Kramer becomes addicted to the internet much to Elaine’s horror, in true Kramer style he dominates Elaine’s office.
    Some of these could have worked.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I've never tried but if I ever got the time I would.

Those ideas sound really good Ciaran. Maybe you should pursue them. I'd put them up on SeinWars for ya if you'd like.

Maybe you could arrange a meeting with Irelands equivalent of Russell Dalyrimple :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

lol but I'd let Jer do the talking and I wouldn't blow off the handle like George.

Jer: you're not artstic and you have no integrity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Originally posted by smuckers

George meets the girl of his dreams who in fact an architect

I could have sworn I saw an episode like that? Maybe I dreamt it?

K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bob_sacamano

Hey

I have not really written any fan scripts, per se, but I did write a mock Seinfeld show (Jerry was Larry, Elaine was Lorraine, Kramer was Jed and I can't remember what George's name was)

In this alternate universe Larry (Jerry) is a postal worker. Jed (Kramer) is a cable guy, and I don't think I had jobs for the other two.

The episode included Lorraine being torn between going to an anti-fur rally and driving her 'friend' to the dentist.

Larry dates a girl whose intellectual capacity is sub par at best, and enjoys watching static on TV. He also is given duties as a snack co-ordinator at his 'friend's party. At the party he witnesses a pastor watching "Married... With Children" and finds it odd.

I think I planned on Lorraine wearing an anti-fur t-shirt while driving her friend to the dentist and the t-shirt somehow getting altered to convey a pro-fur message, getting her chased by protesters (but I didn't finish the script).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Welcome to the Dark Side Bob:)

It sounds interesting. Let us know how it gets on.
    As I said to Smuckers, maybe you should send it to your local Russell Dalrymple when your through :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement