Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dempsey and Makepeace

Options
  • 26-06-2002 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

To my shock horror I've been none the wiser that Dempsey and Makepeace has been re-running on TV3 for the last few weeks in the mornings.:eek:

It has to be one of all-time fav TV drama's. It was well ahead of its time in terms of stunts if I remenber correctly and of course, who wouldn't fawn at the delectable Harriet Makepeace (aka: Glynis Barber)

Are there any other fans out there !?

--
    BTW,
    FYI I just fund this site...
    http://www.dempseyandmakepeace.de
    Not bad as a little summisation of the show and cast:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Defenistrator

Hmmmm.......Mrs. Barber.....have to go off to the bedroom to have a think about this......

ok....thought about jerri Ryan (7 of 9) while I was there. Yeah, I'm a fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

heh heh ya i noticed that too, i even had the Annual Mag :) found it once when i was small in a book shot, only 50p if i remmeber rightly :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

OMG I remember that - Friday night viewing. I was glued to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by 80project
    BTW, FYI I just fund this site...
    Nothing better to do with your money, eh? And where has the delectable Lisa gone from your sig.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

For a minute there i thought you where all sick ....reason being i confused Dempsey and Makepeace with cagney and lacey , so i thought you thought one of those rug munchers was delectable ....phewww !! Now i remember makepeace ...mmmmmm doughnuts , er i mean makepeace :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

quote:
    BTW, FYI I just fund this site...

Nothing better to do with your money, eh? And where has the delectable Lisa gone from your sig.?

I fund many sites, including many more half assed German ones ;)
    (Damn thick typing fingers....urrggghhh)

--
    Lisa's doing grand but I though I'd re-jig the sig (that rhymes !!) a bit. It seems like she was as gutted as us all with Irelands world cup exit (http://www.lisaburke.co.uk/news.htm)

--
    Re: Ms. Barber...
    [Random Food Craving Reaction]
    Nyom...Nyom
    [/Random Food Craving Reaction]

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

They were showing it when TV3 started up. I can remember thinking "ah, they'll be showing a lot of stuff that RTE showed when the shows were new."

Unfortunately (based on what they've been at since) that wasn't the case - mostly moody prime-time stuff that RTE wouldn't want.

Of course RTE are more than kept busy showing old eps of "Keeping Up Appearances" at any given opportunity (and it must be time for them to start another Bond season on Wednesday night).

Must set the video in the mornings then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Originally posted by BuffyBot
    OMG I remember that - Friday night viewing. I was glued to it.

:)

Back in the day, Ms Barber was the sexiest thing i'd ever seen. Before i even know what the hell sexy meant. I watch it now, and she's still hot. Damn..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Glynis Barbar was the best thing on telly since Joanna Lumley in The New Avengers, sadly they just dont make 'em like that anymore... :(

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Im fairly sure that this was on Granada plus,available on skydigital but not sure about irish digital cable,a few months ago in the afternoons.Not sure if its still on though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by The Gopher
    Im fairly sure that this was on Granada plus,available on skydigital but not sure about irish digital cable,a few months ago in the afternoons.

Available on Chorus. Don't know if it's still on though. They are showing the Man from U.N.C.L.E. mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,504 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

It was the real predecessor to the whole man-cop/woman-cop, X-Files'ish, will they get together/won't they, type of relationship..

Honourable mention : Scarecrow and Mrs. King..

Glynis Barber, http://us.imdb.com/Name?Barber,+Glynis
    Originally posted by Krusty_Clown
    Honourable mention : Scarecrow and Mrs. King..
    RTE, weekday mornings.

What I did find out was that she was in the recent Irish movie..."On the Nose" with Robbie Coltrane and Dan Ackroyd.

[Begin Embarassment]
    I actually saw this film and I cant remember the lovely Glynis in it all :o. Can anyone refresh my memory?

--
    BTW, I saw a bit of D&M this morning.
    FYI, she was wearing leather pants and nice high heel boots with a baggy sweater. WHooaahhh:D

[Begin Embarassment]
    I actually saw this film and I cant remember the lovely Glynis in it all :o. Can anyone refresh my memory?

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0243210

Shes not listed.

I noticed that.

The bit she had was very tiny as Dan Ackroyds wife I have since found out so maybe it wasn't worthy of a mention on IMDB (Only God knows why :p).

Here's evidence anyway...
    http://www.roogulator.esmartweb.com/fantasy/onthenose.htm
    and this google search...
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF8&q=%22Glynis+Barber%22+%22on+the+nose%22

Advertisement