Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treasure Island, BB3, Haunted House or etc.

Options
  • 26-06-2002 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone Watching Treasure Island Just Wondering.

So I have done another poll for reality TV. Why Not?

Which is your Fav. Reality TV? 14 votes

Treasure Island
    0% 0 votes
    BB3
    28% 4 votes
    Haunted House
    50% 7 votes
    The Experiment
    14% 2 votes
    Survivor UK
    7% 1 vote
    Survivor USA
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Sorry for No I dont care option on this one lads.

But why dont you care i mean its real for gods sakes Jade Could kill everyone with her stupidity, or sharks could eat your man with the Perm on Treasure Island, The American Contestants could be come demotivated and would not be able to survive their own accents, the police and inmates could go insane an kill everyone, and my god the people who went on haunted house could be come famous after been on the TV for so long.

Oh the Humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

No chance of a listing for "are you kidding me? I'd eat worms or appear on Fear Factor before watching any of that crap"?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Actually that Jade girl sounds so stupid I'd almost start watching it to feel better about myself and everyone else I've ever met.

No but if you could come up with sarcastic comments it would show how you vote, as you can guess i didnt vote on this one.

Also sorry to Fear Factor Fans for no listing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

BB has to be the best. For all it's crapness it never pretends to be anything other than a cheaply produced psychological experiment that uses a bunch of pretentious people locked in a house for our amusement. It's like some kids science project with guinea pigs taken way of proportion and that is why it still works after three years.

Stuff like Haunted House and Survivor seemed too hokey and 'managed' (at least from the five minutes of each I watched before getting bored) to be sustainable. At least with BB you feel like something unexpected could happen, for example Sandy escaping a week or so ago.

• Advertisement

BB has to be the best. For all it's crapness it never pretends to be anything other than a cheaply produced psychological experiment that uses a bunch of pretentious people locked in a house for our amusement. It's like some kids science project with guinea pigs taken way of proportion and that is why it still works after three years.

Way too much time on your hands man to come up with that reply was it when you where watching BB3 bet something happened while you wrote maybe you should get the txt msg for the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by Elmo

Way too much time on your hands man to come up with that reply was it when you where watching BB3 bet something happened while you wrote maybe you should get the txt msg for the house.

Eh? Is that meant to be a sentence (or just a very bad impression of Jades mental processes)?

But just so you know I watch the 10pm show so if anything DID happen during the 30 seconds it took to write that then I'm sure the editors will be kind enough to inform me of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

i dont agree wit it being called "reality" tv. its not very realistic to have a bunch of strangers locked in a house for weeks, or on a desert island.

[i do however have the occasional glance at ti]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Its all getting a bit repetetive really. Bit like real life, so i suppose it really is Reality TV. Anyway that Haunted House was disgraceful rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Anyway that Haunted House was disgraceful rubbish.

Agreed :)

But on a similar theme, I thought MTV's Fear was much better, where they put some college students in an abondoned prison, which was apparently a paranomal blackspot in the US. It was sh1tifying, because it was based on dead silence, at times all you could hear was the contestants breathing. Much better, so much so, I was all excited when I heard there was going to be an Irish version. But it turns out people saying "Boo" doesn't actually cut it as being scary anymore (perhaps the producers of haunted house should have been told this).

Anyway here is a link to the American one I was reffering to: MTV's Fear

;-phobos-)

• Advertisement

Way too much time on your hands man, to come up with that reply, was it when you where watching BB3, bet something happened while you wrote that, maybe you should get the txt msg for the house.

Is that better man, my syntax isn't the greatest.

What with the man, my god. I don't usually say that.

Sorry pigman just before you reply, If your bothered.
    What with the man, my god. I don't usually say that

What's with the man, my god. I don't usually say that.

I'd be more interesting then Jade. LOL.

God I cann't beleive the crap I write sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

Treasure Island is watchable. It's funny to watch the contestants bitch at each other and starve themselves to be in with a tiny chance of winning the measly 50,000 Euro prize fund. I enjoyed the first series, Tom was funny and the way he got up every other contestants nose is no mean feat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Pigman

But just so you know I watch the 10pm show so if anything DID happen during the 30 seconds it took to write that then I'm sure the editors will be kind enough to inform me of it.

Cheers pigman, As an Editor its nice to know theres at least one person out there who appreciates what we do. I cannot understand people who watch NOTHING for hours on end in the BB house. Jesus, the hardest part of editing anything is to sift thru the hours and hours of uninteresting rushes to get the decent stuff. Maybe i should subcontract out some of that work to people here (altho judging by some peoples taste i really wouldnt trust thier selections :) )

Advertisement