Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kinda of tv show?

Options
  • 25-06-2002 1:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

hey,i was wondering,what kind of tv show,in terms of comedy,would u like to see RTE make.I think a sketch show could be what is needed to boost irish tv comedy.Of course when i say sketch show,i mean "funny" sketch show,unlike the dire show bull island.(just keep thinking,that one day,the bad memories will fade),anyway,reply with your own suggestions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Written by Father Ted writers but based on Our lovable politicans.
    I think a decent political satire would be good if written properly.
    kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

I really dont think politics and comedy go well.
    Look at bull island ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

I couldn't care less for politics, but I did actually find Bull Island funny in places. Maybe its because I don't give a toss for politicians or the fact they used to show it before the news, I dunno. But Ireland needs Father Ted again, that was our last bastion of comedy, everything else sucks now!!!!! But I reckon that RTE being the cheap kunts they are will try to plug some sort of parody of 'They think its all over' for GAA Football instead of soccer. Can you imagine how BAD that would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭dogs

Originally posted by SYL
    But I reckon that RTE being the cheap kunts they are will try to plug some sort of parody of 'They think its all over' for GAA Football instead of soccer. Can you imagine how BAD that would be?

Delete that post (and this post too, I guess) before someone in RTE gets an idea... Look what happened to Dream Team (and that was carp (not the fish) to begin with)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

!!they wouldn't dare!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

cough.......father ted made by channel 4 and was broadcast in england frist......cough.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by hacktavist
    I really dont think politics and comedy go well.
    Look at bull island ffs.

Yes Minister

And Yes Prime Minister

Argument over (I think:))

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I think Bull Island was good in places but the sketchs were to long for the most part.

The Fair City and Off The Rails ones were deadly. Also it tented to go to far into politics so some times if your not that up to date with politics it went over your head.

Politics + Comedy = I got News for you, The 11 O'Clock show (with Ian and Daisy)

Do something like DFTG it was getting good towards the end.

Bring Back the end.

Apres Match the should put it out during the Half time at Champions League for the laugh. (I know CL is on TV3 that why it would be funny, no)

The Best of 2 Phat was very funny but it was a crap quiz.

No. 1 was always a good laugh, I was 8 when it was on.

I think Bull Island, Ian Dempsey's Gift, 2 Phat sketches, DFTG and Apres Match would make a great comedy sketch show.

Did anyone see Ireland Uncovered it looked alright but i only saw one episode.

Well we have another series of Batcholors Walk to look forward to at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

I think a comedy about running a TV station in Ireland would be good.

They did did they not

their was Joe a hard nationalist who was set upon by dog when he asked for the end of the only national independent station, and forced to resign as head of the alling PBS company he ran.

Rick a Canadian who thought that Ireland was just a small village in England, He wanted to get rid of all the competition in Ireland including Sky.

Rupert another character was evil and had become so powerful in Ireland he paid no taxes there, he was based on charlie haughey.

Then there was Cathal who set up a TV station in the Weast of Ireland which showed better programming then the rest but fail to get viewers.

I am so funny i should send this of to one of the channels and they might make it. The sad thing is one of them probably would.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

How about a comedy where Bob Collins fields questions from Vincent Browne and then finds way to not answer them and just sit on his fat arse until he retires in 18 months?

The credits could be filled with with comments from Licence Fee payers passing on their opinions just to prove just how retarded the are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

How about NO irish comedy, we dont do them very well, so lets not even try.
    'cept podge and rodge i guess.

Ok so Puppet comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

RTE turned down the Fater Ted show and then 2 years later has to pay channel 4 a fortune in order to broadcast it over here :)

RTE + Comedy = clusterfu<k

Urban Myth

RTE turned down Father Ted. The Writers of the show never approached RTE. They were semi famous in the UK already and gave in a script to C4.

I am sure the amount of money that RTE paid for Father Ted was less then what it was made for.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

ah come on, nothin cud b funnier than the ****e rte churn out every wekk [fair cite, nationwide, the news etc.....]

just keep the normal programming but have brian dobsen fall over a chair every week:D

Advertisement