Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are NTL the most incompetent company in Ireland?

Options
  • 24-06-2002 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to hear people's tales of woe with NTL!
    Personally, I asked them to connect us up in Jan/Feb this year, the box they installed never worked, and after numerous attemps ringing them and being promised time and time again we'd get an engineer, I decided to cancel the account and get Sky digital (which i've never had a problem with).

First they said fine, we'll scratch all the charges. Then they said they'd have to charge me for the installation (for a product that never worked? I don't think so!) and since then i've been uneqivocally promised on at least three occasions that my account is closed, they'll send someone out to disconnect it under the eave of the roof, and that i'd get no further bills.

Guess what I got last week! Another bill! Threatening me with disconnection etc etc.
    I don't feel there's any point in my ringing them again, unless of course my not paying them has put me on a credit black list, does anyone reckon it will?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

this Scary movie 5???
    hehehe
    This will be moved soon methinks.
    but under sale of agreement law you agreed sale on a product ,product was faulty ,both parties agreed it was faulty.
    And no monies changed hands.
    they record most calls so contact Citizens Advice Bureau and they will give you the definitive thing to do.
    kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

It will go on your credit rating as non payment of a bill.

Only deal with them in fax's and email's so you will have a copy of what is being said by both parties.

If your going to use the phone then record it.Not easy I know so go with above suggestion.

Make sure you always get the full name and department any NTL person you are dealing with for future reference.

Never lose you head with them but feel free to lose your temper as this can speed up things to end this state of affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Eircom probably more incompetent// sorry EirCON... but yeah NTL are muppets... If you want to record a call you can get a simple thing to connect to your phone and plug in a minidisk or some recording device... Or you can probably use telephone software on your PC if its hooked up... fax is eaier though and email have a habit of going awol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Oh i've sent them several emails, never got so much as a read receipt from them!

I think i'm just going to call them, and say if I don't get written confirmation that my account is cancelled with no money oweing, then i'll take legal action against them. I have a good credit rating and I don't want that pack of fools to ruin it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Jackoman

yeah I would have to agree that NTL are pretty damn incompetent. We moved house about two months ago and told NTL what are new address was to get it transferred. They told us it would take a week, after it only took them a day to originally set us up, and we only moved 5 minutes down the road. 6 weeks later we were finally reconnected after two engineers came out to the house, looked at the cable box on the wall, and I mean just visibly looked, didnt touch anything.
    Then to top it off we got the bill for the whole time we didn't even have any connection. Cheek off them!!! Damn sure we wont be paying that. They suck a lotta a$$

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Yeah, i've had nothing but trouble with them. Their connection software (ntlworld.ie) looks like it was written by a retarded monkey. Waiting for a reply on their tech support line would test the patience of a saint and then when you finally get through you are greeted by the voice of someone who clearly has no time interest OR SOLUTIONS towards your problem.

Still at least you get value for money if you run their connection into the ground over the weekend. I'm saving something like e100 per phonebill (compared to Eircom) as thing stands for a flat charge. Still doesn't compete with UK and American subscription charges tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Does anybody have that mock NTL letter handy?Its a good one:D

I dunno if id describe NTL as irelands most imcompetent company.Arent we forgetting about Errorcom internet services?

Advertisement