Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need to find some 1, email mobile somthing

• 23-06-2002 11:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I need to find a detail on someone I know, other then there address what are the best things to do, a moblie number and/or a e mail address would be great, its just I want to get incontact with this person, with out alot of 3rd party hassle (friends, parents etc). I have searched hotmail endlessly no result, although the person my be ex-dir and have a hotmail address.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Maybe theres a way to look up in the phone book when you have a person's address, and you could get a phone number there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Bigfoot.com or ICQ details maybe (a surprising amount of people put a surprising amount of detail in there when they register)?

You're not a nasty stalker are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Try classmates.com too but you may need to pay to actually see their contact details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yea tried ICQ as well nothing there :(, i dont think the house is a great one to use, ill give those other a try now.. thanks, any more ideas??

Ehh heh this person aint liven in america lads :), its dublin actually, and it would help if the second name wasnt so damn awkward.. ahh well.. ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Check the phone book if the second name is so weird :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Suggestions for finding a person who's offline or doesn't plaster their details all over the Net:

1. If you have an old address or home address it's a good starting point.

2. Other people who know the person you're trying to find

3. Electoral register. Takes a lot of time as it's ordered by district. Easiest place to look is in a college library as thay always have them in one place for the whole country

4. Phone book if the surname is unusual enough (as suggested by damnyanks)

5. Getting your hands on the UK-Info disc. Officially only does the UK but has Irish addresses too (less up to date and incomplete though). Has info from all UK phone books and electoral registers. Don't know where they get their Irish info but it's easier to use than other online services (you can do reverse searches but often not on the Irish stuff). For example, it has my home address listed (without phone number) even though the number at home is exdirectory and unlisted.

I have a copy of this - feel free to send me the info you do have by PM (do NOT post it here on the open board) or by email at:
    seamusspam AT yahoo DOT com
    and I'll see what I can do

6. At www.goldenpages.ie there's the facility to do a residential search which is just as good as trawling through phone books.

7. There's always the option to phone someone like the Gerry Ryan show (only if you're really desperate) and ask them to put out a notice asking the person to get in contact with the show to facilitate contact. They don't do this a lot but they do seem to do it every once in a while if you write them a nice mail.

8. A google search. Many people are mentioned on the Net somewhere. Doing a google search just for "Seamus Ryan" gets three links for me in the top 20. Adding "Limerick" gives me only two, but one of those is in the top 3. Probably won't tell you where the person is now but it's useful as a starting point. Worth a try!

hmm dont think im going to find anything, strange, i know the person has an email deffinatly, i mean who doest these days, just so annoying i cant get my hands on it, same with the moblie every one has them heh.. ahh well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭lazer

A: Find out where they were in school/worked.. ring up saying u are mr/ms from sometihng.com and that u are looking for a reference..

B: Get a job in directory enquires? U have unlimited access to all directorys.. richmond recrutiment agencie deals with conduit europe call centre "11850"

Advertisement