Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So bad, its good.....

Options
  • 22-06-2002 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭

Got a DVD out last night, and it was so bad it was entertaining!

It was called "Ticker", and stars Dennis Hopper, Steven Seagal, and Tom Sizemore.

The basic premise is that Dennis Hopper is a mad bomber -- during a police sting type operation, one of Hopper's associates (the woman he loves - awwww!) is arrested. So far, so good.

Now Hopper doesn't like this, so he calls the police and says that unless she is released 'within the next hour', he's going to set a bomb off. And every hour after that until she is released.

Doesn't sound too bad, does it ?? So whats wrong ??

Well first of all, Hopper's accent. Yep, you've guessed it. He's Irish. And I can safely say that he has taken Tom Cruises "Far and Away" crown for worst....irish....accent....EVER !!!!!

No need to say anything about Seagal. He plays the exact same character he has played in every movie since Nico....

If that wasn't enough, theres continuity issues, god awful editing, brutal dialogue, and some of the worst visual effects I've ever seen.

Some examples....

The movie is set in San Francisco. At one point, Sizemore is on a walkie talkie to the police HQ, and says he is "in Chinatown". (Outside pic of car driving through some warehouse district - definitely NOT chinatown. Anyone who has ever been in S.F. will know that Chinatown is nowhere near a warehouse district).

Hopper and girlfriend driving in car, girl says "stop the car". There is a shot of hopper from the girl's point of view, with the landscape moving about 60 mph outside hoppers window. The landscape just suddenly stopped (no slowdown, no screech of tyres, nothing!). It just STOPPED. Super ABS or something.... Absolutely bizarre.....

The ending.... I won't give it away in case someone wants to actually rent this movie, but I get the impression that between the finale and the movie ending there is a scene or two missing. Weird continuity, no break in the background music. It just seems... weird.

Anyway, this is one of those movies thats so bad, its good. Worth the €4.75 alone for Hopper's accent. :)

Anyone else seen it ??

- Dave.

Advertisement