Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a screen for a mobile?

Options
  • 20-06-2002 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

I looking to find out where(if there is)in Dublin there is a place you can get a parts for you mobile phone.Not the highstreet shops(they charge you a fortune(something like peats of parnell st except for phones).I replaced a screen on my nokia before but I just took it off an old phone.Basically I looking for some where you can go in buy the piece you want and then fit it yourself.
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Dunno ... best bet might to be to try to dig up another broken phone to cannibalise a screen from.

I think its unlikely that Nokia would supply replacement screens for general consumer purchase. It wouldn't exactly fit in with the way they like us to buy new replacement phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Lots of them available on ebay (UK)

eg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭crazyasafox

Thanks will have a gander

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Find out which company fixes the Nokia mobiles (Sigma in Finglas perhaps) and see if they will sell you a broken Nokia. You may be able to scavange a screen from one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭crazyasafox

Cheers for that,sounds like a good idea...........

• Advertisement
Advertisement